Torquemaster stiffener

Metal detecto

Elite Member
These bad boys came in the mail yesterday. REALLY bulky. Fits the equinox quite well, but just one suggestion to torque master, maybe 3D print an extended nut + bolt to throw in? Sure, you can raise the price to 23$, say, but the nuts are a bit loose now. Not a huge gripe, totally can live with it. All in all, great!

Josh

These bad boys came in the mail yesterday. REALLY bulky. Fits the equinox quite well, but just one suggestion to torque master, maybe 3D print an extended nut + bolt to throw in? Sure, you can raise the price to 23$, say, but the nuts are a bit loose now. Not a huge gripe, totally can live with it. All in all, great!

Josh

Hey Josh,
Glad you got it and it fits well!

Thanks for the feedback. I can and have printed nuts and bolts, but they aren't as strong or durable as nylon bolts you'd find at the hardware store, so it was more just to see if I could.

Not sure what you mean the nut is "loose" -- I designed the stiffeners with 3mm thick ears, so they add a total of about 6mm of thickness. Used with the stock equinox bolt, it should still grab about 5-6 full turns of the nut before it snugs down, which should be plenty. If your nut/bolt is stripped or stripping out, to replace them it's all 8mm hardware. 5/16" will also fit nicely. The stock bolt is 45mm long , so ideally you'd want one 51mm long -- 2.01 inches. If your hardware store is like mine, you're more likely to find nylon bolts in inches than mm. So a 2" long 5/16" nylon bolt with matching nut would be your best bet.

Feel free to PM me if you have more questions.

Hey Josh,

Thanks for the feedback. I can and have printed nuts and bolts, but they aren't as strong or durable as nylon bolts you'd find at the hardware store, so it was more just to see if I could.

Not sure what you mean the nut is "loose" -- I designed the stiffeners with 3mm thick ears, so they add a total of about 6mm of thickness. Used with the stock equinox bolt, it should still grab about 5-6 full turns of the nut before it snugs down, which should be plenty. If your nut/bolt is stripped or stripping out, to replace them it's all 8mm hardware. 5/16" will also fit nicely. The stock bolt is 45mm long , so ideally you'd want one 51mm long -- 2.01 inches. If your hardware store is like mine, you're more likely to find nylon bolts in inches than mm. So a 2" long 5/16" nylon bolt with matching nut would be your best bet.

:lol:

Hey Josh,

Good information on the sizes

Hey Josh,

Wowwy! You have one heck of a "tech" support! I'll just stick with the regular stock one... :lol: :research:

Josh

Add this to your "reviews" on the "sales pitch!"

Back
Top Bottom