Sure Good To Be Back

robby4570

Elite Member
***Video is now embedded thanks to Detector! ***

I got back active on here yesterday and I have to say I'm surprised how many I knew from back when I was active on here are still on here.
It's sure good to see "familiar faces" in the group. I've spent the better part of the day reading and catching up with what y'all have been up to. I've been doing a little detecting here but there's been no great finds, typical modern coins and a little junk jewelry, but I'm looking at picking up the pace and have something in the works to widen my permissions. So stayed tuned.

My YouTube videos are not monetized or sponsored so no in-video ads, here's a video of my first ever Louisiana hunt and my first hunt with a dedicated camera...

:cool:

Last edited:
To embed a video, use the numbers/letters after the watch= on Youtube. Click the Youtube insert at the top far right of the text box and put your number in the middle. vX3Y4EOIjiY your video ID would go in between the Youtube labels.

OK, Thanks Detector! Let's see if I got it...

It worked and it was even easier than I expected! Here's the link from YT

https://youtu.be/[COLOR="Red"][B]Pq...rt I embedded with the YT button Pq6zzx9-fgU

Great video, did you use a drone?

Thanks! I did use a drone for the intro segment, a Bugs 4W4K. I also use it to overfly possible hunting sites looking for any anomalies in the ground or foundations that aren't apparent from the road. It's a cheap drone, the camera isn't stabilized so the view gets a bit choppy in turns and banks but it takes great still images and you have a log of the flight so you know roughly where the image was captured.

MJX-Bugs-4W-Review.jpg

In fact, despite my best efforts, you can see the shadow as it orbits me...

AIMD Intro Master.jpg

Thanks! I did use a drone for the intro segment, a Bugs 4W4K. I also use it to overfly possible hunting sites looking for any anomalies in the ground or foundations that aren't apparent from the road. It's a cheap drone, the camera isn't stabilized so the view gets a bit choppy in turns and banks but it takes great still images and you have a log of the flight so you know roughly where the image was captured.

In fact, despite my best efforts, you can see the shadow as it orbits me...

They can make for great hunting tools. I used to use mine to do flyovers on fields I planned to hunt looking for hot spots. Here is one I did testing the drone at a tot lot.

They can make for great hunting tools. I used to use mine to do flyovers on fields I planned to hunt looking for hot spots. Here is one I did testing the drone at a tot lot.

Great video, nice and stable. What bird are you flying? Drones are great for looking for hot spots... I have a 1935 map of my area and on it there's one property at the end of my road that was built in 1920 up on top of the levee of the Mississippi River and sometime between then and 1935 it was moved to where it still stands today. The great grandson of the owner still lives across the street and gave me permission with no strings attached to hunt it and related the story of how it was moved. Turns out they rolled in on logs from up on the levee to down where it sits. It is exactly where the 1935 map shows it using MAPRIKA. There's another property one street over that appears on the 1935 map, but from the road you'd hardly know it if you didn't know where to look. If you look at it from overhead though it's quite obvious.

image 1.jpg
This is the 1920s house where it sits today

House Moved.jpg
This is where it sat on the levee and the path it was moved on to it's current spot (red line)

image 2.jpg
This is the view from the road looking at the site of the other structure from the 1935 map

Foundation.jpg
And here's the overhead view, its from Google Maps in this case but I just can't find the drone shot I have of it...

:cool:

Back
Top Bottom