• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

2 Morgans Highlight a 9 Silver Hunt.

I can't stop looking at this post! Just blows me away ! Look at those things!!!!!! , Crazy , đź‘€, Dew
You know Brad I have the same problem. Even after a couple of months I keep going back to look at and handle them. The thill is still there and I hope that feeling never leaves.
Not sure how I missed this thread but I'm sure glad that I finally saw it. This "mind blowing find" forum gets a lot of posts that don't really qualify. Your hunt is what this forum was made for. Congratulation on a lifetime hunt - enjoy the feeling or memory of the feeling by now.;)
Well Ken I glad you found it. Thank you for the very kind words. They are greatly appreciated.
WOW! REMARKABLE TIMES TWO!!
Congrats man. Anyone putting in that kind of research usually deserves the rewards.:cool:
Thank you Sonoman. I have been blessed just to hunt this site and even more so with some great finds.
Holy !!!! Jack,
Never saw this until now, what an absolutely amazing day, may you some day in the future be blessed like this again! Mike
Mike, your comments are appreciated. I also agree that I love to have another such hunt but I can honestly say this one would be very tough to top.
Thank you Ace for stopping in and replying. I do appreciate it. Thank you. Jack

Thank you Joe for the kind words. I still go back and look at the Morgans often. While I've have had some excellent days in the field, this one was really special. I have only been able to go back to this site once since this hunt . While it was a fantastic outing it was not the eye popper in comparison. I do pray the land owner will allow me a few more attempts. Jack

This is truly a mind blowing day. Eye popping aren't the right words. More like Eyes popping out of your head, across the lawn, rolling down the street and into the next county finds! Nice job JJ

WOWOWOWOOWOWOW, what an AWESOME HUNT, thank you for sharing. I would be moving in there with a tent if I had to. lol

YES!!!!!! Eye popping!
Appreciate your reply Steele.
This is truly a mind blowing day. Eye popping aren't the right words. More like Eyes popping out of your head, across the lawn, rolling down the street and into the next county finds! Nice job JJ
That is kinda what I felt Kevin except they were in almost the same county. Truth is I may never have a hunt like this one again and it is truly the best on my list of memories.
WOWOWOWOOWOWOW, what an AWESOME HUNT, thank you for sharing. I would be moving in there with a tent if I had to. lol
Thank you Jerr. I still have hope to hunt the property again. If I could I would have Built a command post at this site.
I don't even know what to say, speechless.
:bling::dingding::jawdrop: CONGRATS!! :mder::dingding::woot:
Your reply says a lot Doug and I appreciate the reply.
Goog googly moogly! Thats awesome! Congratulations on a stellar hunt!
Beeping this was a hunt you can never forget, I do hope I can someday again get close to another. Jack

:wow: what a hunt WTG!!!! bro bigtime congrats so freaking :cool:
A bit of time Mark before answering your comments. Letting you know they were very much appreciated. Not seeing any posts of late on the forum, hope all is well for you. Anyway I was looking back in my history and kinda reminiscing of some pretty good hunts, this one again stood out. Now years later that day still has me in awe. It is a memory that will never be forgotten. Trapper

Trapper, I just discover your oldie but goodie thread today. Wow, wow and wow! All I can say is from what has not been said already is that the Hunt brothers would be proud of you with your hoard of silver! John

Trapper, I just discover your oldie but goodie thread today. Wow, wow and wow! All I can say is from what has not been said already is that the Hunt brothers would be proud of you with your hoard of silver! John

Thank you John for your very kind words. This particular outing was one of my best for sure. Over the years I have been very blessed with my finds along with being able to hunt with some of the best detectionist in my area. I have built a lot of very cherished memories from those adventures. Not sure though I have really garnished a hoard of Silver. At least still not enough to fill my cigar box treasure chest. Proud to say I still have every Silver Coin I ever dug. Trapper

OK When I saw this thread and before I checked out the date of it and the # of responses I said what the heck did Trapper do now ? I think that was before I joined the forum, my man that not only a dream hunt but a wet one at that. Seriously . WOW WOW and WOW! We have touched on what constitutes an eye popping thread, and I guess it could be subjective to the author but this leaves no doubt, Rock star status. And your copper point is up there as well. My hope is I tumble on to a site like that. Attaboy X s a 1,ooo Trapper. Mark

Holy Ravioli !!! That was some incredible hunt .Belated Super Congrats !

The thread was cool to see . A lot of folks who you don't see posting anymore and some interesting avatars .Time marches on .

The photo of those coins just takes one's breath away .

Amazing hunt, i am always surprised when people post morgans. Those are so big I figured the folks would hear that thing hit the ground when they lost them!

OK When I saw this thread and before I checked out the date of it and the # of responses I said what the heck did Trapper do now ? I think that was before I joined the forum, my man that not only a dream hunt but a wet one at that. Seriously . WOW WOW and WOW! We have touched on what constitutes an eye popping thread, and I guess it could be subjective to the author but this leaves no doubt, Rock star status. And your copper point is up there as well. My hope is I tumble on to a site like that. Attaboy X s a 1,ooo Trapper. Mark

Guess Mark your a first timer looking at this thread and I truly appreciate that. The thread was brought back because of discussions of what is a Eye Popper with several people here on the forum. This hunt was in 2016 and it was the site, that allowed for my success. I remember the outing as if it took place yesterday. The site was a country schoolhouse, a church, a township hall and now in private ownership as a farm storage building. I think I had 4 hunts on the property and all were very successful and there still was a lot of the area left to put a coil over. One of the hunts I dug a Barber trifecta with a Half, Quarter and Dime. The site gave up Indians, Seated Silver, Large Cents along with coins through the 1950's. Site was special for sure. In each of the hunts the land owner was hunting with me. He was using my AT Pro and wanted me to sell him the machine. Probably why I'm not allowed to hunt there anymore. Anyway it was my first and only eyepopper thread prior to digging the Copper Spear Point. The Morgan's were my firsts. Since, I have added another one and also a Peace Dollar. Trapper

Back
Top Bottom