Finally a restart, with the NOX 800

CurlyMB

Morning all, new to the forum. A new Nox 800 is on it's way to my door, to say I'm excited would be an understatement.

Not new to detecting, but might as well be, last ones I owned were the original gold bug, and a minelab Explorer XS almost 2 decades back now.
( there was a whites in there somewhere with an analog readout too.)
Haven't swung since, but have always wanted to reconnect with the hobby. Life, family... things take a backseat sometimes.

So, time to start collecting test targets, and trying to sleep the next couple nights.

Been watching and reading everything I can. Looks like a learn-able machine.

A lurker for a while, I appreciate the knowledge here.
Now that the detector is on it's way, time to step out and say hello.

And there is the shipping label created.

So while waiting, I've ordered docs covers.

The Pinpointed should be entertaining, haven't had one of those before.
Bet I've overlooked something...

Thanks for the welcome guys! Was evident in the forums that this is a great place!

You’re going to love it! There is a learning curve so after you’ve detected for 6 months or so go back and hit the spots you first detected. I missed a lot in some of the first locations I detected.

The Nox showed up this afternoon. Everything looks great!
Just came off the charger, so I took it outside just to see it kick over once tonight. Fired her up, noise cancel, ground balance, and toss a couple targets down. Nice strong signals, bottle cap a couple clad coins and a merc. This is going to be a blast. Looking forward to doing a little playing in the light tomorrow. Will probably repeat tonight and then walk across the street to the tott lot and just chase signals for a while.
Am betting it may be better than just goofing off learning, it's also the bus stop for the neighborhood kids, so there might actually be a first find with the nox to chock up!

You mean you have an actual PINPOINTER now also? Or you’ve never had a “pinpoint function” on a machine before? I KNOW you know at least the XS has a pinpoint function...
You’ll enjoy the features and adjustability of the 800, it’s a good choice, especially for a guy who has experience but hasn’t swung in awhile. I personally didn’t care for it at first....but after 125 hours it came to me. Each machine is its own animal, so hopefully your “muscle memory” from the other machines has faded, and you’ll be able to look at this new one with fresh eyes and ears.
Congrats on the comeback, the EQX makes it easy for the normal guy to really have fun with things!

Pinpoint mode, yes. An additional tool... no. That was when I was younger, married with kids. Money always had better places to go. Now the default setting is guilt for spending $.
6 am... not a sliver of light out yet. I hear heavy rain outside. Looks like I'm gonna get a bit wet, no way I'm gonna sit here and stare at a new machine.
Coffee first.

Went over to the park this morning. Only digging tool currently in the house is a full size shovel, so a listening adventure only.

Can tell it's the local bus stop for the schools, lots of surface trash. One target had me stop, solid 34 from all directions. Might have to go look when the rest of the stuff arrives next week.

Feel like I can at least get back to my previous skill level at a fair clip, if for no other reason than the major advances in equipment. Left pretty much everything in factory settings, figure I got a lot to learn and relearn, no need to go confusing myself with the whats and wheres... left it in park 1, did the EMI, ground balanced and left in auto. Dialed down the sensitivity a bit.

Went over to the park this morning. Only digging tool currently in the house is a full size shovel, so a listening adventure only.

Can tell it's the local bus stop for the schools, lots of surface trash. One target had me stop, solid 34 from all directions. Might have to go look when the rest of the stuff arrives next week.

Feel like I can at least get back to my previous skill level at a fair clip, if for no other reason than the major advances in equipment. Left pretty much everything in factory settings, figure I got a lot to learn and relearn, no need to go confusing myself with the whats and wheres... left it in park 1, did the EMI, ground balanced and left in auto. Dialed down the sensitivity a bit.

That was smart to take note of any signals to revisit after your digging tool arrives ! :thumbsup:

I'm betting it's a screw top, park is maybe 15 years old, and I've lived here since before the park. The entire development sits on what was the runway of the airport I learned to fly at 30 years ago. Sand and concrete.
Guess it could be a new drop. Sat and watched kids walk home from the bus stop, right over the top of it, so anything is possible.

USPS isn't updating their tracking on that package either.

I'm betting it's a screw top, park is maybe 15 years old, and I've lived here since before the park. The entire development sits on what was the runway of the airport I learned to fly at 30 years ago. Sand and concrete.
Guess it could be a new drop. Sat and watched kids walk home from the bus stop, right over the top of it, so anything is possible.

USPS isn't updating their tracking on that package either.

I think there might be times when USPS might miss scanning a package at one of the stops along the way, just keep watching it.

Back
Top Bottom