Found this 14k gold marked Pin

TreasureLord_Kc

Haven't been able to find any information on this 14k gold pin really could use some help and figuring what its from. It's was found on a house site dating to 1901.

Attachments

• 20191130_015337.jpg
    20191130_015337.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 535
My though is it is custom.

Top '00 is 1900.
Bottom seems to be a persons initials, MtH.
Researching to previous owner's may find some one with those initials.

The Keystone shape is Pennsylvania's symbol but it is a commonly used symbol.
Then the three mountains. Reminds me of the 'Three Sisters" in Oregon.

What is the green colored back ground??

Nice find and interesting.

I would say the 00 would stand for 1900 or 2000.
The pin back can help on the age.

The MTH might stand for Mt H, Mount "H"

See if there are three tall peaks in your area.

Cool find

To me, the Keystone shape says Pennsylvania. The mountains have various "chunks" taken out of them and there's a shovel. That keystone is used in Pa railroad items as well. I'd go that direction.
I think its something to do with mining or railroad, maybe the two connected.

If we could see the 14k mark that would help date it. More then likely if it is marked 14k it's not 1900....it was not required to mark finness of the gold until 1906/07 and many pieces were never marked. And when they were marked it was totally different from about the mid 1920's down.

Try down this road maybe...MTH Railkings Trains and accessories...just a guess based on someone mentioning railroads.

Here is the back of it that's a 14k also there seems to be some words possibly under the 14k that I didn't notice before they're just so small I can't read them right now

The stamp does not match the time period of the early 1900's, my opinion more like the late 20's to 50's and just a suggestion. I would have it tested on the gold finesse. Most jewelry stores and pawn shops will test Items for free. Good Luck and keep us informed.

Something else maybe clean the area below you will be able to get a Makers name. That would give it a better chance of being dated.

There is definitely a "D" handled shovel across the bottom. Miners? Coal shovel?

Back
Top Bottom