going wireless , any thoughts or opinions?

You'll be very glad you switched to wireless, I remember back when I used a wired connection it seemed awkward and I would occasionally have the cord come loose, and if you don't realize it came loose you initially think you're not finding any targets in that area :lol:

Can't wait to get back to detecting as the weather allows, right now still healing up from whatever I did to my side, I would feel pain if I twisted the wrong way, feels almost 100% again, but want to give it a little more time instead of risking re-hurting it by pushing things too soon, but hope to be back out detecting within a week or two.

Didn't realize his wired headphones became unplugged :laughing:
detector_unplugged.jpg

I have a garret ace 250 and want to go with wireless headphones. I have looked at the z link system but wanted some second opinions before I spring for anything.

I purchased these from Amazon and they work great for me.

TaoTronics Bluetooth 5.0 Transmitter and Receiver, 2-in-1 Wireless 3.5mm Adapter (aptX Low Latency, 2 Devices Simultaneously, For TV/Home Sound System) $31,99

Bluetooth Headphones TaoTronics Wireless 5.0 Magnetic Earbuds Snug Fit for Sports with Built in Mic TT-BH07 (IPX6 Waterproof, aptX Stereo, 9 Hours Playtime) - Upgraded Version $25.99

I ordered it and it arrived last night, my wife promptly took it and said it's going under the tree and I can have it for Christmas!!!

Going wireless

[/ATTACH]I finally went with wireless
Fir headohones
Jamfox M85 Over Ear Headphones - Bluetooth Wired & Wireless Headset w/Microphone aptX Low Latency $22.00
Transmitter
ELEGIANT
Bluetooth 5.0 Transmitter Receiver, ELEGIANT 2-in-1 Bluetooth Adapter with 3.5mm AUX Stereo Output(aptX Low Latency,Pair with 2 Bluetooth Devices Simultaneously) for PC/TV/Home Car Sound System $19.99
The issue is its states it 5.0 but instructions have it as 4.2
No lag and can be wired as well.
I used a tic-tac plastic case

https://metaldetectingfor[ATTACH]45...nt.php?attachmentid=457312&stc=1&d=1579474140

Last edited:
I won a wireless set for one of my ATPs. I bought a second. What I did not realize is each transmitter is paired to ONE headphone. I recharged the batteries once and grabbed a transmitter and a headphone and left. And hour later I learned they did not work together.

Rats.

So a bit of red or yellow paint helps me make sure I have a pair when leaving to hunt

I was able to go out on 2 occasions and everything worked to perfection. When I put everything in the back of the truck and got in, I didn't realize I was still wearing the headphones until I saw myself in the mirror.

I have got mine all hooked up and inside a waterproof case. Tested and it seems to work well. The difference in the sound quality though, wow. I think I an going to have to relearn my audio sounds .

Back
Top Bottom