Help with token.

Benson10

Hello everyone. I am new here (posting), but I have been lurking and reading this site everyday. I have learned a lot from everyone here. At this time, I am just using a BH detector, but will be updating soon, again based on the advice of many of you in different threads.
Anyway, I’m have been detecting since this summer and am having a blast, with many trips which have resulted in a lot of clad, some nice silver rings, and a bunch of cool history.
This past weekend, I was at my son’s place for Thanksgiving and did some detecting...lots of clad, a ladies silver band, wheats, and this token. I have search many “token” and “good for” sites but can’t locate info on this token. Was hoping someone could help me with the I’d. One side is Z.E.M. The other side is just an old script 5. Thanks for looking.
Tom from Michigan

Attachments

• C24A6654-78C4-4E26-B95C-2A3708C18BD3.jpg
    C24A6654-78C4-4E26-B95C-2A3708C18BD3.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 331
  • 133735DF-15E6-431F-8411-DC86E547EC7D.jpg
    133735DF-15E6-431F-8411-DC86E547EC7D.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 292
Hello everyone. I am new here (posting), but I have been lurking and reading this site everyday. I have learned a lot from everyone here. At this time, I am just using a BH detector, but will be updating soon, again based on the advice of many of you in different threads.
Anyway, I’m have been detecting since this summer and am having a blast, with many trips which have resulted in a lot of clad, some nice silver rings, and a bunch of cool history.
This past weekend, I was at my son’s place for Thanksgiving and did some detecting...lots of clad, a ladies silver band, wheats, and this token. I have search many “token” and “good for” sites but can’t locate info on this token. Was hoping someone could help me with the I’d. One side is Z.E.M. The other side is just an old script 5. Thanks for looking.
Tom from Michigan

Welcome, and congrats on the finds. Is your son also in Michigan? General location information might help ID the token.

Location of found token

This was found in a little town called Caro, Mi.
It is in the “thumb” area of Michigan.

Just a wild guess, but without any denomination for the 5, it might be a pickers check.

Hey Toy,
Looked up that farm in Millington, Mi. Called them. Talked to the wife and then the husband. They told me their farm started in the 50s. Too ‘young’ to have had picker tokens. They referred me to some relatives (Ziegler’s) that have a farm near Frankenmuth, Mi, about 30 miles east of them. That one has been a centennial farm for about 25 years. That put’s it right at the time these picker tokens were used.
Found their number and left a message.
Will try to call again tomorrow.
That a bunch to both of you on this thread for helping me out. Hopefully I will find some success tomorrow.
Tom

Hey Toy,
Looked up that farm in Millington, Mi. Called them. Talked to the wife and then the husband. They told me their farm started in the 50s. Too ‘young’ to have had picker tokens. They referred me to some relatives (Ziegler’s) that have a farm near Frankenmuth, Mi, about 30 miles east of them. That one has been a centennial farm for about 25 years. That put’s it right at the time these picker tokens were used.
Found their number and left a message.
Will try to call again tomorrow.
That a bunch to both of you on this thread for helping me out. Hopefully I will find some success tomorrow.
Tom

The Z in the initials helps narrow down. A bit weird to put the last name first, but you never know. It's worth a shot, and part of the fun.

Back
Top Bottom