people who buy stuff and say they found it.

iebrandon

Elite Member
why is it here lately ive been noticing people who buy stuff or trade for stuff and a few days or weeks pass by and boom there it is posted as look what i dug up today? i wanna know is there anybody else on here that feels the same way i do. i mean what is the sence in buying or trading for something and acting like u found it? thats no fun. finding the stuff is the whole idea guys not acting like u found it. i was just wondering if anybody else on here knows people that do this? oh bye the way im not doing this to cause trouble so no names guys just say if you know of some body no names .

I have not noticed anyone on this forum posting finds that I thought were less than genuine. I've seen stuff on other forums that I didn't believe though. The best thing to do is ignore the post but if you just HAVE to comment (and sometimes I do) just say "Wow, what an unbelievable find you have made!"

Personally, I don't see the point why people would do that. I guess they do it to feel like they fit in. :?:

There used to be some digs I wondered about their legitimacy until I got out and started finding really strange digs myself. Like a 12 IH penny spill and a couple of others.

Now, I figure all digs are legit and if they aren't I won't know or care as long as there is a good story with the pics. :lol:

G2M

I have not noticed anyone on this forum posting finds that I thought were less than genuine. I've seen stuff on other forums that I didn't believe though. The best thing to do is ignore the post but if you just HAVE to comment (and sometimes I do) just say "Wow, what an unbelievable find you have made!"

i like that thats what i do this post isnt for any body (inpaticaler) not spelled right lmao), but was just curious.

I wish I could buy stuff, I havent worked in 5 and a half years and dont have money to buy anything. I just cashed in change I found to buy my S-Rod I broke this month so I could have another backup machine.The Stuff I find my wife cant even get me to sell it. I love the thrill of the find and get so attached to what I find, If someone comes over I give my stuff away rather than sell it. I usually watch the Auctions and I havent yet seen anyone buy and post as a find.

Sometimes I see where someone makes a post and it will say I found this, whatever it may be, and there is no pic. Then I'll see a comment on the thread, "no pic, it didn't happen". That's happened to me before. I'm having issues uploading pics, so until I can get this issue resolved, I don't try. But I really haven't seen anything on this forum really questionable, but I have on others. Some of those appeared to be museum quality pieces and even when questioned repeatedly about the story about them, the next week, they would post another pic, no story, but not on this forum. Just sayin'...HH

I can sympathize with those that may need the attention of others, but can not seem to be able to understand it. At the end of the day, month, year, that person still has to sit there knowing that the find wasn't a genuine find. If that person is comfortable claiming it, so be it. I could never do it, and my hunting buddies will justify that. I have had my butt whooped by them plenty of times, whether it be clad count or silver, but my good finds, when I find them, are earned. I do purchase some coins here and there, but that's just for my collection, not to show. This is a hobby, much like others, and you can claim all you want, but if you don't produce with a person to see it now and then, it's just a claim.

i just want you to know I have a 5 gallon bucket of JUNK i've dug up if anyone wants to buy it,then they can post it like they found it, I'll even throw in the broken reflector and a big nail i found yesterday

We're going to have to ferret out those unscrupulous weasels! :laughing:

You know who you are!! ;)

From now on all “claimed finds” will have to show a video of the complete dig! ;)

Sometimes I see where someone makes a post and it will say I found this, whatever it may be, and there is no pic. Then I'll see a comment on the thread, "no pic, it didn't happen". That's happened to me before. I'm having issues uploading pics, so until I can get this issue resolved, I don't try. But I really haven't seen anything on this forum really questionable, but I have on others. Some of those appeared to be museum quality pieces and even when questioned repeatedly about the story about them, the next week, they would post another pic, no story, but not on this forum. Just sayin'...HH

"Sometimes I see where someone makes a post and it will say I found this, whatever it may be, and there is no pic. Then I'll see a comment on the thread, "no pic, it didn't happen".

That is coming from a small mind when someone makes that comment toward someone. The majority in this hobby won't be found guilty of making a comment about someone's finds like that. They are not wrong all the time mind you. Majority??? Yes.

Hey if someone wants to buy their finds that o.k with me. This isnt a contest its a hobby. I just enjoy checking out all the cool stuff, I don't care were it comes from.

I know of one who seeded a group hunt without the knowledge of the other hunters. He also bought of ebay then passed them off here as detected finds.

No, but I used to hunt with a guy that drove me nuts. Every piece of rusty iron he found was the "Lid for a Treasure Cache"...

Look at what I just found!

Kicked some dirt in the Piggly Wiggly parking lot and dug this up
1913-liberty-head-v-nickel1.png

I haven't noticed anyone on here doing that, but then I don't really follow the buy & sell threads. However, at our club meeting someone submitted a Civil War item in a finds contest and after winning cash prize for best find admitted he had purchased it at a convention. So many of our club bring in the most pristine looking relics each month I really do think some are purchasing them.

I look at it more of a pride/honesty thing. I don't question whether someone actually finds something, or posts something and claimed they found it, because I do like seeing anything cool out there that can be detected. I look forward to my hunts where I find some neat stuff, so I can go home and post it on the site for everyone to see. But I could never claim I found something, when I know i really didn't. The people who make negative comments, or say if you don't post a pic, it didnt happen, are the people who aren't finding anything to post about and start a nice thread.

Back
Top Bottom