My Beaver Tail Pull Tab Chain NEW UPDATE!

Pennyfinder

Elite Member
I've decided to see if I can recreate a beaver tail pull tab chain like I had in the 1970's. My original chain got to be quite long. I never measured it (and don't know what happened to it). I used to hang it up in my mobile home at Christmastime and clip Christmas cards to it and hang Christmas tree balls on it. I hung the chain around the living room up near the ceiling and it did go all the way around the room (to give you an idea of how long it was).

My NEW chain is going to be created from the "beaver tails" I find metal detecting. So far I have 10 "salvageable" ones that I found in January and it is now about 10 inches long. I will change/add a new picture once a month (hopefully) with an update on the useable number of pull tabs found. I have a field that will produce this type. So we'll see how many I can find this year. I didn't save any from last year. :no:

January: 13 pull tabs - 10 inches
February: 18 pull tabs - 27 inches
March: 08 pull tabs - 34.5 inches

(Total: 39 pull tabs)

Here's the THIRD picture:

Attachments

• Beaver Tail Pull Tab Chain.jpg
    Beaver Tail Pull Tab Chain.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 2,600
  • Beaver Tail Pull Tab Chain 2.jpg
    Beaver Tail Pull Tab Chain 2.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 1,919
  • March Pull Tabs.jpg
    March Pull Tabs.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 1,584
Sweet Chain, I should start making one. If I could make one out of the Beaver Tails. I have a ton of those!! steve

Found this on a trail in the woods.

You don't suppose that could have been MINE -- somebody could have taken it up there from FL years ago. -- :p It's not. I know -- think mine got left in a storage shed! :( Well you're ahead of me! I'll never find that many this year! Oh well, I'm still gonna make mine and see how long I can get it. We're out of the running Steve! :laughing:

IF mine didn't get left in a shed it COULD have been brought from FL with Hurricane Sandy and washed inland in NJ. :yes: Yeah right. NOT! :laughing:

HA HA Well, just do yours and we will see how long it is by Christmas...and oh yes, we want to see it used to decorate with when it has Christmas balls and such hangin on it!

KT has been picking up small colored plastic beads since He started MDing...gonna use those to make The King a necklace when He hits the road on his bike after He retires! These are all eyeball finds on totlots...but KT has two bead bracelets on His Royal Steed right now that came from totlots! :lol::lol:

Let's face it...most MDers are closet collectors so....find a lot of something scattered about and figure out what to do with it! :laughing:

KT would like to see one of the real gold finders in the Forum string together all their Gold and Silver rings for the year! See how LONG that would be!
:shock::shock::?::?:

HA HA Well, just do yours and we will see how long it is by Christmas...and oh yes, we want to see it used to decorate with when it has Christmas balls and such hangin on it!

KT has been picking up small colored plastic beads since He started MDing...gonna use those to make The King a necklace when He hits the road on his bike after He retires! These are all eyeball finds on totlots...but KT has two bead bracelets on His Royal Steed right now that came from totlots! :lol::lol:

Let's face it...most MDers are closet collectors so....find a lot of something scattered about and figure out what to do with it! :laughing:

KT would like to see one of the real gold finders in the Forum string together all their Gold and Silver rings for the year! See how LONG that would be!
:shock::shock::?::?:

I'll keep you posted (pun intended) on how long my chain gets. And I, too, have seen lots of those colored plastic beads too and I could save you a plenty. We'll see if my chain gets long enough to decorate with. May take awhile because most of the ones I find DON'T have their "tails".

Maybe folks here will start sending them to you like Turtlefoot gets headstamps....then you could have a REALLY long chain!

Seriously though, cool idea, have fun!

Maybe folks here will start sending them to you like Turtlefoot gets headstamps....then you could have a REALLY long chain!

Seriously though, cool idea, have fun!

Well yeah, but I kind of want to see how long I can get it. But if they should send me some, I think I'd make a separate chain.

Gotcha! I will cease and desist my collecting!
Have fun!

Hey, I know, make your own chain and then at the end of the year (say Christmas) we can compare and see WHO has the longest one! Not all whole ones work -- some are cracked and when folded they will break.

Back
Top Bottom