Detecting without a Pinpointer

gargreen18, student and new father. You must have your plate full.

Practice that probing. Do not consider it a failure to probe and locate a bottle cap. That's what's down there. You actually succeeded. Now go feed the baby, study, get 2 hours sleep, feed the baby, change the baby, feed the baby and read some more. No wonder this probing is coming so hard for you.

Old Town, on the road to 200.

gargreen18, student and new father. You must have your plate full.

Practice that probing. Do not consider it a failure to probe and locate a bottle cap. That's what's down there. You actually succeeded. Now go feed the baby, study, get 2 hours sleep, feed the baby, change the baby, feed the baby and read some more. No wonder this probing is coming so hard for you.

Old Town, on the road to 200.

And I have 1 one the way! So, I can say I have 3 kids, am a student and a husband.. :shock:

Hard to find time to MD. I like to take my oldest kid with me.

Man! This thread just keeps on rolling. Almost to 200 posts! :lol:

My cheap Teknic's

I wasted $20 bucks when I had this thrown in with my purchase of my BH #505. I love my detector but unless your less than a half inch away from the object, this PP won't make a sound. I saw a UTUBE on the ProPointer...WOW. I am saving my money as we speak.

So when I probe I hit things and am not sure how to get em out. Do I cut a slit in the grass? Or should I cut a plug if my target is 3-4 inches?

I can get the ones that are a few inches just by plucking them out.

You know I tend toward the pervert side and even I never made that connection.

OT
Yep.
Some people think that only those with PP's are right, still others think that a pp is unnecessary.
Some PP's reach farther than others.
Some folks are old fashioned and prefer a "probe" over a PP.
Still others use both their probe and their PP.
Some never leave home without their PP.
Still others think people with pp's are lazy, while some say those without a pp are cheap.
Some people have gone their whole lives without having a pp, and claim to get along just fine, without one.
Others claim to have always had and used one, and feel they are a necessity.
Some people even modify their pp.
Some people have used PP's, and some have brand new ones.

Ugh. If some non-detecorist stumblling around the web finds this thread, imagine what they'll think.:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Having never tried to use a coin "probe" or a "popper", I find it mind boggling that people can do it. Most I've heard of are folks who've detected for some time. I may have to try it sometime. I've always been a bit curious about it. Probe-curious, that is.:?:

Now you know your bored when:
Yep.
Some people think that only those with PP's are right, still others think that a pp is unnecessary.
Some PP's reach farther than others.
Some folks are old fashioned and prefer a "probe" over a PP.
Still others use both their probe and their PP.
Some never leave home without their PP.
Still others think people with pp's are lazy, while some say those without a pp are cheap.
Some people have gone their whole lives without having a pp, and claim to get along just fine, without one.
Others claim to have always had and used one, and feel they are a necessity.
Some people even modify their pp.
Some people have used PP's, and some have brand new ones.

Ugh. If some non-detecorist stumblling around the web finds this thread, imagine what they'll think.:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Having never tried to use a coin "probe" or a "popper", I find it mind boggling that people can do it. Most I've heard of are folks who've detected for some time. I may have to try it sometime. I've always been a bit curious about it. Probe-curious, that is.:?:

:lol::lol:

Harbor Freight Pin Pointer

I blieve the harbor Freight Pin Pointer is about $14. Who cares if it breaks, take it back to Harbor Freight and they will give you a new one if you are nice.

The little red switch is the biggest failure on the entire pointer. You can replace it with a good switch for less than a buck.

I have a Harbor Freight Pointer as a back up to my Bullseye and it work well if I need it.

Sparkster

Back
Top Bottom