How long before 1st silver coin find - an unscientific study

maybe 40hrs. I can't remember but I do know it was a rosey and my brother had just found his first silver ( a walker half) about 20 mins before me and no more than 30' away.

At least 6 months with no silver with my Ace250. UPgraded to etrac and 2nd or 3rd hunt out got a merc...

I would say 150 hours before I started finding silver coins.

It took me about three hours. I searched an old homesite and found iron and some other items. I was walking back down a hill swinging freely and found a 1918 Merc in the middle of the woods.

My first two metal detectors I never found silver and on my third metal detector it was about a month when I found my first silver. Now on my 4th detector it was 1.5 hours and I found a silver dime

Depends? Does a plated silver spoon count as silver? If so around 20 mins on my first ever hunt, and I think my second find after the nail. If it doesn't count it then took months for the 1935 Merc to show lol.

It was soooo long ago, and I didn't know to keep records then. But best guess is 50 hrs.

Like so many have stated, it was lack of skill and only knowing to hit local parks that made it so long.

Back
Top Bottom