Gold rings #31 & #32 for the year, Plus #33 #34 #35, And #36 & #37

OBN

OldCherryPicker
Forum Supporter
After a fail the last trip to this spot I was able to get back and put to use what I learned after getting rushed out with a incoming Lighting storm. Only had about 40 minutes time in the water but that was enough to tell me get back, ASAP.

Saturday was the day...Third target of the day, my first ever 15k gold ring, about 2 hours later came a badly stained 1951 class ring. Working the cut I was able to score a few silvers but the bay is very harsh on silver, so not much value left in them. 1899 Barber Half was the best of the silvers. Hope to get back to this spot this week and see if the strong north winds coming have moved the sand a little more.

Figure this my hunting partner Scott found his 4th gold ring of the year, what are the chances of it being the year he was born and the schools name same as his..Scott HS.

Attachments

• RD31.jpg
    RD31.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 853
  • RD32.jpg
    RD32.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 846
  • fmdf.jpg
    fmdf.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 905
  • 21d.jpg
    21d.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 903
  • 21clean.jpg
    21clean.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 891
  • 21 15k.jpg
    21 15k.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 790
  • OBN-0000.jpg
    OBN-0000.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 759
  • 28388.jpg
    28388.jpg
    153 KB · Views: 762
Last edited:
Nice Joe... glad some is getting out... way too busy here with family stuff... :roll:

Larry and I wish we could be your hunting partner :) Sweet finds! And did Scott clean his up that well? Good job!

Congrats Joe i wish I could get out and hunt been way to busy cutting my lawns hope to hit the water b4 this fall LOL

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Dam! I shoot for 5 rings ! LOL !! I must be a lightweight!

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk

Nice hunt

Joe, like that old gold, better give Scott the pirate code in OBN class , Loose Lip's Sink Ship's :pirate: , congrat's buddy good job , Earl

Nice Joe... glad some is getting out... way too busy here with family stuff... :roll:
Thanks Craig, I fully understand. Family first, as my friend would say. One good, no one can find the gold you find...One of the best hunters I know..

15k:?:
Nice hunt Joe.
Thanks Aqua..., same here on the 15k my first...being the coins are older and I have dug some old rings from this spot my only guess its a custom ring from that time period.

Way to hunt Joe. You must have one nice treasure chest.
Thanks Dew, yes..the bank, but they just sent me a notice, they are raising the price 20.oo a year so I need to find more gold to cover that...

I’ve never heard of a 15k....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
.I have seen it before but not found by me.

Congrats on the pirate loot!
Thanks Metaladdict...Pile it high, they say.

Larry and I wish we could be your hunting partner :) Sweet finds! And did Scott clean his up that well? Good job!
You don't want to be my hunting partner, the bay is down right dirty. I wore my wetsuit for the first time this hunt. I got home and washed it off with the hose..brown, brown, brown...nasty. I would rather be hunting with you guys...:pirates:

Congrats Joe i wish I could get out and hunt been way to busy cutting my lawns hope to hit the water b4 this fall LOL

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk
Thanks Brncofan, I know where your coming from. That grass and all of this rain is growing like crazy. Good for work but bad for being a Pirate.

Dam! I shoot for 5 rings ! LOL !! I must be a lightweight!

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk
If you love hunting the beach then were all in the same boat..gold loving...Pirates,

Joe, like that old gold, better give Scott the pirate code in OBN class , Loose Lip's Sink Ship's :pirate: , congrat's buddy good job , Earl
Thanks Earl, I have several that hunt this spot but they are just plain stupid..except one, he is one of the better hunters here. I was just faster then him finding the cut...reason I'm going back asap. It's not finished...

Nice finds! You're killing it on the gold rings this year and its only half way over. I'd love to find an old class ring like that.. we don't get many old gold finds here in south fl... maybe after hurricanes.

Nice finds! You're killing it on the gold rings this year and its only half way over. I'd love to find an old class ring like that.. we don't get many old gold finds here in south fl... maybe after hurricanes.
Thanks Joshc, I'm running behind last 5 years on the gold. Had a bump in the road but now all is settling down. That 14k you just found is stunning!! Now I would love to find some of those!! Very NIce!!

Congrats on the loot. Any idea what a barber half would have bought back in 1899? Would that be like losing a $50 or $100 in today's currency ?

:dingding:Great hunt! Looks to me that if you got that in one hunt you need to head back soon again.

Very good!

That seems to be an awesome hunt with a buddy. Nice going sir!

Back
Top Bottom