What about the new Nokta ?

markinswpa

Forum Supporter
A few months back all the chatter and hype and then nothing. Its clear they aim to compete with the 800. Wonder if their new machine will have compressed id like the Equinox. At least when we were waiting for the Equinox they would release tidbits of info to keep our interests up. Will it debut at Detectival ? I will say they had my interest but now after a few months of nothing I'm not so sure.

All I know is that Dilek is supposed to be on TT sometime in October for an update.

The main thing is they do not release too early with issues, it can do way more damage that is extremely hard to overcome getting people to buy them after they get so much bad publicity. I was personally involved in the Mx Sport and Apex release issues.

I can't get excited about a machine from a company that is playing catch up. I'd buy one well after the release if somehow it turned out to be better than the Equinox. I just don't think it's remotely possible it will be. I've ate crow before though.

The main thing is they do not release too early with issues, it can do way more damage that is extremely hard to overcome getting people to buy them after they get so much bad publicity. I was personally involved in the Mx Sport and Apex release issues.

Look up Osborne Computers if anyone needs a real world example of how that can happen.

All I know is that Dilek is supposed to be on TT sometime in October for an update.

So much for Detectival

Nokta compete with Minelab? [emoji1][emoji1]

Dog I never had a Nokta, I love my 800S but you hardly hear a bad word on Nokta's unlike the Equinox, complaint after complaint and how does Minelab address it, they don't. Where as when there were issues with the Simplex they acknowledged them, publicly no less .And rectified the problems. They build a solid machine so yeah I if they can get Multi- Freq right I do think they can compete. And if they bring it in without compressed Id I'll definitely give one a try.

Sent from my LG-H930 using Tapatalk

With the Covid- 19 and wild fires in Turkey ... Causing issues

These are the times we live in. But as our ancestors across the pond say, stiff upper lip, press on.

I agree, there are no second impressions. And I hope they do get it right. I was sorry to see the Apex was not too well received as I am a Garrett fan and would love nothing more than to see them get a dog in the fight.

I can't get excited about a machine from a company that is playing catch up. I'd buy one well after the release if somehow it turned out to be better than the Equinox. I just don't think it's remotely possible it will be. I've ate crow before though.

Time will tell. If you remember back when we were waiting for the release of the Equinox there were many naysayers, some on this forum who now hunt with an Equinox. So catch up maybe or expanding on a good idea. Look what happened to Henry Fords idea on production. And the big three back in the 60s weren't all that worried about imports from Japan. I do think the little guy can build a better mouse trap. So longbow, this post and my replies stems from some frustration after the last couple hunts while sweating my ass off with dewpoints in the 70s and digging memorials, 58 to be exact that came in in the 30s and sounded very sweet, just about every one of them. So I was hoping for something a little better. If Nokta can do it, they will up the game and then Minelab will have to. In the end we win.

Look up Osborne Computers if anyone needs a real world example of how that can happen.

Never heard of them, maybe thats why.

As far as tech goes ..no one else really has an imaging system for under 10k.....so with that said....I do not really think of Nokta as a little guy.

They have taken the budget entry level priced detector by storm. Even better than Garrett did with the ace 250.

Whether it out performs the equinox is one thing but I know for sure it will be better built by a long shot whatever it is.

Originally Posted by longbow62 View post

Time will tell. If you remember back when we were waiting for the release of the Equinox there were many naysayers, some on this forum who now hunt with an Equinox. So catch up maybe or expanding on a good idea. Look what happened to Henry Fords idea on production. And the big three back in the 60s weren't all that worried about imports from Japan. I do think the little guy can build a better mouse trap. So longbow, this post and my replies stems from some frustration after the last couple hunts while sweating my ass off with dewpoints in the 70s and digging memorials, 58 to be exact that came in in the 30s and sounded very sweet, just about every one of them. So I was hoping for something a little better. If Nokta can do it, they will up the game and then Minelab will have to. In the end we win.

Did you have a good GB? Was the ground really dry? Having a Memorial ring up that high has been extremely rare for me. Memorials tend to ring up 25-26-27. If I'm centered over say a Merc even 7"-8" deep I'm going to get 28-30. If I see it averaging a lot more 25-26 and not 28-30 I pretty much know it's going to be a Memorial. Depth plays a role in deciding also. I dig very few Memorials over 4" deep. I find the Nox to be very good at I.D.ing.

When I got serious about metal detecting I bought a Nokta Impact. Nox wasn't out yet. Thought the Etrac was to expensive. When people were claiming the Nox was finding finding stuff behind FBS machines on a somewhat regular basis I was skeptical due to the lower price of Nox, plus it was lighter, had wireless headphones. I liked that Impact, and I found several of my first with it. Never had a bit of trouble out of it either. I will have to say though after getting the Nox 800 my silver finds went up immediately.

I got nothing against Nokta/Makro and would buy another one when enough reviews came in that it was better than what I was using. I know I wouldn't pre-order one though. Minelab for sure or XP are the only brands I would have the guts to pre-order before the machine actually hit the streets.

I have a Macro Racer 2 and a Nox...While the tech in the Nox is undoubtedly better, for a single frequency machine, I can't knock the Racer...And considering the price difference, although it pains me to say so, I think the build quality of the Racer is better...

I suspect the only thing holding Nokta back with regards introducing a true Simultaneous Multi Frequency machine is probably the patent situation...if they can get around that, ML can look out....

it (the patents) basically forces the company to develop multi-freak circuitry from "scratch"
because of possible patent infringement issues. could be a while before we know to a certainty of final product availability.

(h.h.!)
j.t.

I have a Macro Racer 2 and a Nox...While the tech in the Nox is undoubtedly better, for a single frequency machine, I can't knock the Racer...And considering the price difference, although it pains me to say so, I think the build quality of the Racer is better...

I suspect the only thing holding Nokta back with regards introducing a true Simultaneous Multi Frequency machine is probably the patent situation...if they can get around that, ML can look out....

Nokta builds a far superior product compared to Minelab when comparing ruggedness as does Garrett. Patents won't hold Nokta back. Their SMF won't be Multi IQ tech just like Garrett's isn't Multi IQ. SMF has shown how good it works for finding smaller gold using Multi IQ and Multi Flex tech as examples. The Apex is just the beginning for Garrett. The Apex will kill it on the beach using it's SMF mode.

I'm wondering if it is a supply chain issue and having problems with chips, just like car manufacturers are feeling the pinch from a shortage of computer chips

Dilek originally said it would be released by the end of the year. Still several months left in 2021. My guess is they'll announce it sometime in October or November... Just in time for Christmas!

metaladdict: said:
I don't think anyone can come close to Minelab technology anytime soon.
We will see if Nokta/Makro can someday.:shrug:
Well, maybe you're partly correct. I don't think any of the competition has designed in the well engineered 'leakability' as Minelab did with their Equinox models.

And I have owned 3 Vanquish 540 units w/5X8 DD and 1 Equinox 800 w/6" DD, and none of them could match my two Tesoro's w/6" Concentric, 3 Garrett Apex w/various coils, Nokta / Makro CoRe or Relic w/'OOR' or 5" DD or 5X9½ DD or XP ORX w/5X9½ on three different Iron Nail Test Scenarios or on three located targets at a very ferrous contaminated site.

Now, I know Minelab does make some good detectors and I have used Minelab's since an evaluation with a 16,000 back in '88 and using BBS models then FBS models in the '90s and up until 2015. But they were not the best performer's for a lot of the iron littered places I hunt, and until the newer two series they were not the lightest or best balanced detectors either.

I don't think their build quality is on par with Nokta / Makro, either. They might be good, but not for everyone or for every type of application.

Monte

I don't think anyone can come close to Minelab technology anytime soon.
We will see if Nokta/Makro can someday.:shrug:

whatever nokta brings to market WILL be their own design,as minelab's patents will prohibit any duplication issues.am really curious if they can "match" minelab's
multi-iq technology.

(h.h.!)
j.t.

jmaryt: said:
whatever nokta brings to market WILL be their own design,as minelab's patents will prohibit any duplication issues.am really curious if they can "match" minelab's
multi-iq technology
j.t., can you describe exactly what the multi IQ technology is, or what it does that other SMF's can't do?

I know in the old sites I have hunted with a lot of iron nails and other closely positioned ferrous debris, my Garrett Apex w/Ripper 5X8 DD outperforms the EQ 800 w/6" DD in SMF as well as a couple Single Freqiencies.

Now the EQ 800 using the multi IQ SMF does work differently from the BBS and FPS models they also made. But other than being different from their own units, I don't know what technical benefits are offered compared to some of the other detectors on the market. Of course, right now, they have very little SMF performance benefits over the Garrett units I am using.

Just curious what 'technical' things you are referring to.

Monte

I cannot say to a certainty monte, as I am NOT an engineer.what I DO know is that the multi-iq technology found in the vanquish line of detectors has allowed me to "find" more good stuff in the field than any other "single-frequency" detector(s) I have used in more than 34 years of hunting. in my view, if nokta can ''duplicate" the performance of minelab's multi-iq
technology with their new s.m.f. detector, then, all bets are off,and we'll have 2 players in the field competing with each other for market share.

(h.h.!)
j.t.

Back
Top Bottom