If you had to choose one detector for life, what would you choose?

Probably the Equinox 800.

I've never used it, but I've used the 600 for a little bit and the 540 for a while.

The 800 offers the most room to grow, both in learning about its settings and types of targets I can detect with it.

Nox 800.

For now at least :).

I hope in 5 years there will be a machine 10x better.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

If technology never improved and our present level of technology stayed put, it would be the XP Deus for myself.

As far as I am concerned, it is the most advanced, fastest recovery speed, deepest unit with a stock 9 inch coil and has all of the bells and whistles to keep one satisfied with custom programs ever.

Even if another company came out today with something better, faster and deeper, I doubt it would be in such a small package.

Just my 2 cents.

Let's expand on the question. If you were still Superman "in body" and could handle the heavier detector, including the FBS Etrac, which machine would you choose?

Here we go!!

Attachments

• 20210218_190631.jpg
    20210218_190631.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 1,624
I could spend an hour composing a post stating why I think what I think, but the downright reality of the situation is….it’s all just burning valuable time. This has been asked before on many different forums in many different ways, and the result is….it changes nothing, which makes the question completely impotent from the start.
Almost NOBODY would be in such a position which would somehow limit them to only owning one machine for an entire lifetime to begin with. And if they were, it most certainly wouldn’t be a choice of their own.
Yes….I’m “that guy”.:lol:

Yeah this post is different. The OP isn't asking which is best, they are asking what detector do you want to take to the zombie apocalypse.

This is an easy no-brainer ! My own EYEBALLS , duh... I have found more treasure , way cheaper and have outlasted any metal detector I've owned. Such as a beautiful wife , wads of cash , a loaded safe , etc. Have also found many a bum items , but I won't go there.....🤣

Equinox 800! Because it's light weight, easy to understand controls, fast recovery speed if you need it, very deep, great presets that with tweaks can even be made better depending on the setting, bang for dollar spent incredible, water proof/water resistant, it's a top notch coin machine and a relic machine rolled into one. Wow how many other detectors can do so many things so well? Answer it's the only one that can. To me it's a no brainer.

I don’t have to think about it either.
I would use the _ _ _ _ _ _.

Lots of models will fit in the blanks.

Ace 250
Ace 350
Ace 300
Ace 400
Mxt Pro
Gofind
Ace 200
At Gold
Safari