Fisher F22 vs Garrett Ace 300

clumsy77

Hey Guys! I am pretty much new to the detector world (just been using an old hand me down Silver Sabre Plus that constantly beeps for everything) and am looking to invest $200-$250 in a new detector.

I have it whittled down to the Fisher F22 and the Garret Ace 300, both upgrades of older models from what I understand.

My question is, for those who own either, or their predecessors, which do you prefer and why?

From what I have seen it seems that the Ace may be a little bit easier to use with all of its options on the display, but the F22 has the water resistant display, and having the thinner coil could be easier to get in to tighter spaces. The Ace comes with a cover for the display, is that as water resistant as the F22's bare display? Both seem to have great options, good builds, and for a great price.

Look forward to reading your opinions, and thanks in advance!

Take the Fisher. The Fisher will operate in a wider range of soil much better.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and estimate that the votes for the f22 slightly outweighs the Ace 300 :D

Thanks for your opinions guys! Now to decide whether to get it from Amazon, Kelly co, or someplace else if they have a better deal. Any thoughts on that?

I like my Ace 250 and I love my AT Pro.

When I bought my Ace 250 I narrowed my choice down to the Fisher F22 and the Ace 250. If I waited to today to make that same choice, I would probably chose the Fisher F22.(weatherproof, needs only 2 AAs, impressive stock coil)

The Ace 300 runs at a slightly higher frequency than the F22. And the Ace 300 is a significant improvement over the Ace 250. I believe both (Ace 300 & Fisher F22) and will give approximately the same performance. But that coil looks so easy to pinpoint the targets even without using the pinpoint feature.

I have not used either the Ace 300 or the Fisher F22 yet. This is just my humble opinion based on research and watching videos on both.

I wish I had waited another year and got the F22 instead of the F2.

I know this post 1.5 years old, but I have an F2, and I HAD an F44. Not much difference as far a performance goes. The F44 has more features of the 2 though.

Garrett ACE 300

Hey Guys! I am pretty much new to the detector world (just been using an old hand me down Silver Sabre Plus that constantly beeps for everything) and am looking to invest $200-$250 in a new detector.

I have it whittled down to the Fisher F22 and the Garret Ace 300, both upgrades of older models from what I understand.

My question is, for those who own either, or their predecessors, which do you prefer and why?

From what I have seen it seems that the Ace may be a little bit easier to use with all of its options on the display, but the F22 has the water resistant display, and having the thinner coil could be easier to get in to tighter spaces. The Ace comes with a cover for the display, is that as water resistant as the F22's bare display? Both seem to have great options, good builds, and for a great price.

Look forward to reading your opinions, and thanks in advance!

Great price on the Garrett
comes with headphones coil cover , rain and dust cover.
Free shipping and a Free metalDetecting kit
any Questions give me a call
dennis
thanks

I just bought the Simplex for $254.
After returning the Fisher and it exceeds my expectations for all others below 1000 dollars.

My first detector was the F22, I liked it. Also have an AT Pro which is not in the same category as the ace but really enjoy the tones.

Back
Top Bottom