I said I wouldn't do this but........

Yeah it's a problem just like coil ear breakage. I don't water hunt though so who knows I might own one that leaks. I need to watch Gigmasters video on it. I did watch his video on strengthening the coil ears the other day. If the Equinox was a oh hum run of the mill detector I might feel different. If a guy plans to water hunt buying a new one with a fresh warranty would probably be a good idea just to be on the safe side.

Does anyone know if your warranty starts over if you had a leaker? Or if you break coil ears the warranty on the new coil is 3 years?

Items replaced under warranty are given a one year warranty on the new component.

Forget the Nox 800. Over your budget and definitely not waterproof. Get the Simplex : way under your budget and waterproof with a rugged build.

The Nokta Simplex Nokta Simplex is a very good machine for the $.

If you can squeeze your budget a bit, the Minelab Equinox 600 is an OUTSTANDING machine! It takes you to the next level. Very good ID, stability, and depth.

Feel free to call with any questions. Glad to work with you since you're a forum member!

Here's the thing ,
In my not so humble opinion , The Equinox is an outstanding machine ! I personally own the 800 and have found it to be a wonderful eye opener - It quite literally makes you learn to understand the technique's necessary when making the jump from fun user to serious user . Starting out in this hobby with this machine may not be the best thing for most - depends on the individual . Learning the basics with a more " down to earth machine " might be the best way to go . The guys and gals here have listed quite a few good choices that will help you understand this hobby and what the machine is telling you , and while the Equinox can be a turn on and go type machine , in the long run , you'd be better off with a little experience gained from some of the others . The options and power of the Equinox can be a tad over whelming if your not somewhat familiar .
Good Luck to you what ever choice you make
Al

Back
Top Bottom