FINALLY..... dug my VERY first silver EVER ! (also dug my second wheatie ever !)

Well done!

And you found the prettiest coin, too!

(My first silver was also a Merc!)

Congrats. I understand. Hunting silver in a silver poor south is tough. I have only found 2 silver quarters. 1st 3 years ago, 2nd two weeks ago.

The south missed out on the industrial revolution. The south was poor before and after the civil War. You had some wealthy big platntation owners, and some wealthy merchants, but by in large the average person was dirt poor.

In the north the industrial revolution produced a broader base of middle class people with money to carry around and lose.

So finding silver in the South can be a challenge. However I do know one detectorists who lives in Winder Georgia and is not shy about door knocking and finding the silver. That must be the silver secret in and around Atlanta.

There are a lot of old neighborhoods in South Atlanta, but they are in areas you would need an armed guard to detect.

Well done!

And you found the prettiest coin, too!

(My first silver was also a Merc!)

Thanks ! Yep, I even liked finding Mercs occasionally in change when I was a kid, just wish I would have held onto them rather than likely spending them on toys and candy back then :lol:

Congrats. I understand. Hunting silver in a silver poor south is tough. I have only found 2 silver quarters. 1st 3 years ago, 2nd two weeks ago.

The south missed out on the industrial revolution. The south was poor before and after the civil War. You had some wealthy big platntation owners, and some wealthy merchants, but by in large the average person was dirt poor.

In the north the industrial revolution produced a broader base of middle class people with money to carry around and lose.

So finding silver in the South can be a challenge. However I do know one detectorists who lives in Winder Georgia and is not shy about door knocking and finding the silver. That must be the silver secret in and around Atlanta.

There are a lot of old neighborhoods in South Atlanta, but they are in areas you would need an armed guard to detect.

Thanks ! and congrats on the silver quarters !!!!

I realize I need to try to get more private property permissions to increase the "possibility" of finding more silver coins, don't always have to be silver either, I'd be glad to find some real old nickels and pennies too !

That’ll get the ol’ ticker thumping huh? Congrats man! Hope ya dig many more!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks !

I'm looking forward to hunting more regularly again soon with the weather getting milder, seems like we went thru a long stretch where it seemed most of the days were where either the heat index was really high, or rain when things got somewhat cooler :lol:

Thanks !!!!

(note: this is an older thread (it's from last year), but I still sincerely appreciate the newer congrats anyhow !)

Nice ! Congratulations on the silver.

Isn't it amazing how clean the can be !

Thanks, yep unlike non-silver coins silver coins look so clean by comparison and has that unmistakable shine gleaming up at you before you even pull it out of the hole !

You are the king of cool for having such a good attitude while waiting for your first silver. Not sure I would be as good. I’d be happy finding something-ANYTHING let alone silver before the ground freezes over this year. You have a great a handle on things, thanks for the perspective.

Finding your 1st silver is totally mindblowing...so happy for you! And a Merc too, not shabby! Anyone can tell you in this forum, even after finding dozens of Mercs over the years, they still are always a satisfying find, they never get old...never.

She is a beatuty! Many more to come!

Thanks !

You are the king of cool for having such a good attitude while waiting for your first silver. Not sure I would be as good. I’d be happy finding something-ANYTHING let alone silver before the ground freezes over this year. You have a great a handle on things, thanks for the perspective.

Thanks ! .....as much as I'd prefer and like finding older coins I can simply enjoy the fun of detecting, but I still like to get at least a couple coins, even modern ones, rather than have an "all trash" hunt :lol:

Stay encouraged, keep hunting and you should find stuff, it would be rare to find places that are 100% hunted out.

Finding your 1st silver is totally mindblowing...so happy for you! And a Merc too, not shabby! Anyone can tell you in this forum, even after finding dozens of Mercs over the years, they still are always a satisfying find, they never get old...never.

Thanks ! Mercs are definitely a welcome sight indeed ! (especially after digging enough trash and Zincolns :lol:)

(note to all: this is an older thread from last year, but I still want to acknowledge the recent congrats too :D)

Back
Top Bottom