• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Hey, FTP. Please, make us a 'new' and 'modern' detector - - - and Please, use the T2 physical package.

Monte

"In Memory of"
For fifteen plus years the T2's physicals design, shared with the Fisher F-75 platform, has given consumers a very nicely designed package with exceptional balance, feel and control, with a properly-located battery compartment and headphone jack, that is comfortable to use w/o an arm cup strap, and capable of fitting a fall and winter hunter wearing a sweater, jacket or coat.

The T2 series has been one of my all-time favorite detector packages, mainly due to the physical design and simplicity of controls. Performance of the T2 + is still very close to what I want and need, so just do a bit of 'updating' to the design to provide more 'modern' adjustments. Things like Iron Audio Volume control. Don't make it complex, just make it better. Improve the handling of recovery on rejected ferrous targets for improved separation in dense Iron Nail contaminated conditions. And how about making one or two useful-sized concentric coils for the T2 series.

It's obvious to many that FTP has been falling behind the competition, and we're tired of changing decals, names or badges. Just take a great physical platform, enhance what you have that has been proven afield in years past, and give consumers what we want and need. Oh, and keep the T2 'green' color or select something different and creative. Forget the all-black concept.

Just my thoughts from over 56 years of enjoying this greet sport, and enjoying the good times I have had with the many T2's I've owned. I just need something newer and better, and I'm not alone. And if nobody at FTP follows the more active Forums, then they have another problem.

Monte

F75/T2 are like fords F series trucks,built to last. I can’t say that for newer tech,with all the posts I see of things going wrong.. I use newer tech,but don’t feel I get the finds I do with older tek.

Last edited:
If all they did was make it weatherproof so it could handle a heavy rain no problem, I'd seriously consider having it replace my AT Max.

It’s been steadily leaking out that they have a bunch of new product to release in a kind of blitz style, but are waiting for a good time to do it and stay at the top of detecting news, release after release for a while. This is frustrating some of their personnel and customers who would like to have seen more of a tit for tat response to the competition. I would lay odds that as soon as Nokta gets their SMF machine out of the way we should see FTP begin their blitz campaign. Who knows. Maybe it’s smart to sit back and see what all the competition has, let them exhaust R + D, and then leapfrog them. Knowing FTP though, they are going to stubbornly forgo important modern features like wireless headphones, online updates, rechargeable lithium etc. I would argue any modern company will need an online update feature to be able to compete in the update wars that are sure to come.

It’s been steadily leaking out that they have a bunch of new product to release in a kind of blitz style, but are waiting for a good time to do it and stay at the top of detecting news, release after release for a while. This is frustrating some of their personnel and customers who would like to have seen more of a tit for tat response to the competition. I would lay odds that as soon as Nokta gets their SMF machine out of the way we should see FTP begin their blitz campaign. Who knows. Maybe it’s smart to sit back and see what all the competition has, let them exhaust R + D, and then leapfrog them. Knowing FTP though, they are going to stubbornly forgo important modern features like wireless headphones, online updates, rechargeable lithium etc. I would argue any modern company will need an online update feature to be able to compete in the update wars that are sure to come.

Your probably right. But they are also known to release new machines with different stickers along their line of products suited for the beginner to intermediate though. That is a big disappointment for a lot of us.

I think their best bang for the buck is still the eurotek pro.

Back
Top Bottom