Part of the club now!

Swinglow

Elite Member
Forum Supporter
And unfortunately it’s not the Rolex or gold coin club. Finally made it out to the beach after that massive storm hit CT. Beach got carved up good...silver everywhere. Then it happened. The dreaded snap followed by a limp coil. [emoji24] I was 5 silvers in at this point and pulling stupid amounts of wheats, Indian heads and V nickels when the coil ears snapped. I went back today and picked up right where I left off. 2 silvers, 3 Indians and V nickel in and my headphones decided to quit. No idea what happened but they are toast. I attempted to hunt without headphones for another 15 mins, pulled the gold ring and called it quits. Sorry for the sucky pics but I dropped my finds pouch on the way out and lost a good amount of what I found [emoji2357] Then had to haul a$$ home.
77aeb80116e59046d32518d0956a2d9e.jpg

Did I mention a plane crashed less than 2 miles from my house yesterday? Also saw a bad car wreck on the way home today with a body in the middle of the highway. [emoji51]. Think I’ll stay home and watch Netflix this weekend lol.
0de29af374773a3c0dc5452810c0f149.jpg

58174477b154e9f4e3a9732d2f2821fb.jpg

800defac69e93528115af2cd6a4a84a9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:dingding: Great scores there including that oldie goldie! However, I clearly see your problem with the coil ears - you didn't install that supportive doo-hickey on it! :lol: At least you should get a new coil if you're under the warranty period. :yes:

:dingding: Great scores there including that oldie goldie! However, I clearly see your problem with the coil ears - you didn't install that supportive doo-hickey on it! :lol: At least you should get a new coil if you're under the warranty period. :yes:

Actually had one of those a while ago and it snapped [emoji23]
Glad I had the little coil. That thing was a beast today in the same spot as yesterday until the headphones quit. I don’t know how anyone hunts without them, especially at the beach. I’m just waiting for my stealth scoop to !!!! out next. It’s coming I’m sure

Wow

You snapped the 11 coil EQ , dam that's some bad luck SILVER , INDIANS , SWEET , George, congrats on the gold , did you get Craig out ?

Sweet haul for sure! I've been trying to get down the ocean for weeks now, been the busiest year of my life so far. My timing for beach hunting is HORRIBLE :laughing: congrats man, and good luck on the return trips!

Sweet haul for sure! I've been trying to get down the ocean for weeks now, been the busiest year of my life so far. My timing for beach hunting is HORRIBLE :laughing: congrats man, and good luck on the return trips!

You said it man. I blew off life two days in a row to hit the beach. Had to be done for sanity purposes. All work and no play makes Homer something something

You said it man. I blew off life two days in a row to hit the beach. Had to be done for sanity purposes. All work and no play makes Homer something something

:laughing::laughing: sure glad to see you did not lose that golden goodie! Best of luck on getting back out there before the beach sands back in!:yes:

Not by chance you visit the creepy doll in Florida? That’s some bad luck minus the killer detecting finds. You crushed it.

Oh Man

The Ears broke. It's happened to a lot of 800 owners including me. Minelab sent me a new one quick, for which I am happy. That's awful when it broke, and you didn't have a back up detector? Here on the left coast, I once hit a beach after a storm, and dug seventeen silver coins, they were everywhere, but since that hunt about four years ago, I haven't had such good luck. Lately, beach hunting has sucked, but I keep trying. It's an hour drive to the closest beach, and almost two hours to better beaches, and I watch "Fun with Jim" on you-tube and he keeps me wanting to go back. I hate saying it, but every storm has a silver lining? Too bad this storm has done sooooo much damage. HH everyone

The Ears broke. It's happened to a lot of 800 owners including me. Minelab sent me a new one quick, for which I am happy. That's awful when it broke, and you didn't have a back up detector? Here on the left coast, I once hit a beach after a storm, and dug seventeen silver coins, they were everywhere, but since that hunt about four years ago, I haven't had such good luck. Lately, beach hunting has sucked, but I keep trying. It's an hour drive to the closest beach, and almost two hours to better beaches, and I watch "Fun with Jim" on you-tube and he keeps me wanting to go back. I hate saying it, but every storm has a silver lining? Too bad this storm has done sooooo much damage. HH everyone
Yes , that is the sad reality of that guys channel. For the serious , longtime hunters , they see right through his shenanigans. Unfortunately , many rely on YouTube wannabes and drive an hour to his latest gold ring "reenactment" only to find the opposite is true. It's sad. But the goal was accomplished , you clicked and were "F*kd by Hym".

That sucks about your coil,, but congrats on the great finds. You could probably fix it better than minelab made it to begin with, so no worries there. Just a PITA paying so much for the machine and the coil ears being so thin to Begin with.. Good luck with your fix,so many coil ear repair kits available today tho , I'm sure it'll be a fast fix.

Back
Top Bottom