An idea to display your relics

Cherry Picker

Forum Supporter
For you relic guys. This is one of the displays I made to display finds from a fort. I find a piece of sandstone from the actual site and carve it like a map, and put a few of the relics I found there on the display.

Attachments

• ftmann-1.jpg
    ftmann-1.jpg
    138 KB · Views: 398
Cool idea and nicely done. If it didnt mean giving up your finds, you could easily sell those

most original. i could see that type of carving as displays for a lot of things.

very nice and unique.

I have also done some local historical buildings. My parent's house was owned by Judge Preston in the 1800s. The deed says it was built in 1864, Dodge City was established in 1871. It served as a courthouse for a while. I'm sure Wyatt Earp, Bat Masterson has been in there. The foundation is sandstone blocks so I took one and carved a replica. Here are pictures of the house and Judge Preston out front, the way it looks now as my Parent's house, and the carving I did.

Attachments

• 1209-2nd-houses.jpg
    1209-2nd-houses.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 260
  • DSC00746.JPG
    DSC00746.JPG
    53.4 KB · Views: 248
Another sandstone carving, this one from Fort Dodge. The Indians used the bluffs & ravines to sneak up on Fort Dodge. I found many Indian relics in that area.

Attachments

• DSC02539.JPG
    DSC02539.JPG
    79.9 KB · Views: 224
Back
Top Bottom