Wife finds a Ring on First Hunt with Vanquish 540!

CPT_GhostLight

About a month ago I posted a question on another forum asking which would be a good "starter" detector because my wife had expressed an interest in detecting. I needed something easy to use, good quality, and lightweight. The overwhelming response recommended a Vanquish model, so I bought a gently used V540 with 12" coil from a nice member on that forum and got an 8" coil and other essential accessories for her birthday. I figured if she didn't take to detecting, at least I'd have a nice backup to my Nox.

I tested the 540 after it arrived to check it out and I must say, I was quite impressed. It hit deep coins and separated good targets from iron in my highly mineralized soil very well. It's a great turn on & go detector. So I cleaned it up and wrapped it all up for her birthday.

We finally got to go out detecting last Sunday and after a quick rundown of the basics, I set her loose. After a little over an hour of finding mostly old trash I hear a yell from across the field. I look up and my wife is holding something up that has a familiar glint in the sun. She hit a ring on her very first time detecting! It turned out to be Titanium, but a ring is a ring and now she's hooked on it. She loves her Vanquish so now it looks like I have to look for another backup machine. :cool3:

Attachments

• IMG_2535-600b.jpg
    IMG_2535-600b.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 358
Great story and find for your wife!

Glad to hear the 540 is in capable hands...

Oh congrats to your wife on the find, was thinking of getting my wife a machine, how's the weight on the 540?

Oh congrats to your wife on the find, was thinking of getting my wife a machine, how's the weight on the 540?

Thanks! With the 12" coil it's identical to the Equinox's weight with the 11" coil, 2.9 pounds. With the 8" coil it's about 0.10 pound lighter.

Nice, it definitely makes the top 3 then, was also looking at the Equinox, and one of the Minelab models.

Nice, it definitely makes the top 3 then, was also looking at the Equinox, and one of the Minelab models.

The V540 worked out well. She's small and 540's arm cuff and shaft are very adjustable to get just the right fit. It's as close as you can get to an Equinox without the learning curve. Just turn on and go, so it's great for a beginner and advanced enough for the more experienced. I'm seriously looking at getting another one for a back-up to my Nox.

A ring on her first trip - how exciting for both of you! :clapping: For me, metal detecting is especially fun when doing it with family, so I think it's nice that you & your wife can enjoy the hobby together now. :thumbsup:

My Congratulations go out to her on a good first hunt. But i must say you might be the lucky one in this situation. #one of the few times you want your wife to catch the bug!

Back
Top Bottom