Large scale detector for meteorites

Expletive delet

I’m researching a build for a large scale detector like the one on the show, “Meteorite Men”, but I find myself woefully ignorant of the physics involved. Pulse induction, balance induction or frequency shift? The balanced induction sounds promising, but I had never even heard of it before now. I am rapidly becoming beset with analysis paralysis, can someone steer me towards some sources or has someone done this before?

Never seen the show but a quick Google search showed it's a TekneticsT2 that they use. If you can provide some more info like what you're going to be looking for, coins, relics, gold, space rocks etc. general area or the country, water, dirt etc. A lot of really smart people on here I'm sure can help but need to know your goals first.

The one I am referring to was a massive custom build using PVC pipe for a frame. It was typically towed behind a quad bike or something similar.

A large (69.9kg) iron meteorite was recovered from a field near my home in 1940. It currently resides at the Field Museum in Chicago. The actual date of the fall is unknown, but assumably thousand of years earlier. I have always been curious to known if any other fragments (meteors frequently break apart in the atmosphere) may have landed nearby. The target would be predominantly iron with perhaps 5% nickel with a smidgen of exotic elements like iridium. Topsoils typically are very thin, underlaid by red clay.

If you're looking for something that size it's probably some sort of 2-Box detector. Don't know a ton about them but if you Google it should bring up some info or others on here may know more.

There are companies who sell the large tow behind coils that plug into their brains that you wear. I've been wanting to get one for my job for years.

They work best with a backhoe because they will find deep stuff. I use a few true 2 box metal detectors and I am amazed how deep you can find stuff. Found a manhole 30 feet down. Had a hole sucked out and sleeved to it and then ran a camera down it to confirm then got a crane in to dig it up and collar it up to grade.

Sent from my Armor_3 using Tapatalk

Which two box detector are you using? That definitely sounds like the right tree to be barking up at any rate…

The only “out of the box” solution I’m seeing is the Detech SSP 5100 with a 2 meter x 2 meter coil and it is on the pricey side. I did find a pretty decent write-up here which includes info for a 1.8 x 1.8 meter coil as well as a thorough explanation of how a coil works. Turns out the coil for the “Big Rig” on the television show was custom manufactured in Europe.

The only “out of the box” solution I’m seeing is the Detech SSP 5100 with a 2 meter x 2 meter coil and it is on the pricey side. I did find a pretty decent write-up here which includes info for a 1.8 x 1.8 meter coil as well as a thorough explanation of how a coil works. Turns out the coil for the “Big Rig” on the television show was custom manufactured in Europe.

Edit: I’ve also found the Lorenz DeepMax series, which looks promising as well.

Which two box detector are you using? That definitely sounds like the right tree to be barking up at any rate…
The Whites TM808 and a Fisher 2 box with the bar in the middle.

You have to "become one" with both locators and understand what they are telling you.

Good Luck!

Sent from my Armor_3 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom