• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Bad experience with BigBoysHobbies

Status
Not open for further replies.
I pulled the thread blame me.

I felt the need to look into it instead of letting it get out of hand. We as moderators can move a thread out of view without deleting it while we reach a consensus on whether to let it run it's course or close it.

Constructive criticism about sponsors is good. It helps them with their business practice. In the past we allowed similar threads to continue as we are letting this one find it's way. No one other then the two parties know what went down. Actual words, tone, inflection, joking intended and misunderstanding are not our concern. We don't take defensive positions for sponsors. They can take care of themselves.
Sorry for any inconvenience caused to either party or to our members reading it.

Kudos to the way the mods handled this. Removing the post to get things researched and sorted and then reviving the thread was a good call in my opinion. Most forums the mods would just delete or lock the thread. I think the transpearancy showed here is commendable.
Thanks mods for the thankless job you do ( even if it means getting my own patties slapped once in awhile)

Use of jokes and sarcasm on a first contact, is never a good thing, unless you make sure it's not to be taken seriously. Need to tip them off, or straight out tell them it was a joke. Unless your a comedian, by trade, it's best to avoid misunderstandings, until you build some sort of relationship over time, maybe after a few conversations. First impressions can be very powerful for some, gets locked in.

My first, and second experience with the origional Propointer, kind makes me want to wait a very long time, before considering giving a try. Doing just fine with the Centech, nothing fancy, but does what I need from a pinpointer. Probably not for everyone, but I like that the components are all though the holes, and probably got most of the parts on hand, if it does fail. Cheap, no worries about messing it up, or modifying it.

Little strange to announce, and accept pre-orders on a new product, three months before it's ready to ship. They had to know that brand loyal people would jump on them quick, and should have had thousand of units ready to ship. I'm going to wait on this one, see how it works out, after it's been in the field a while. I'm sure the vast majority will think it's the best thing ever to happen to the hobby, much like the original, which didn't work out so well for me. Great customer service though, but of course, everyone already knows that. Just don't think we should have had that experience from a quality product, in the first place.

Anybody know if it save it's settings, when you power it down, after use? Or will you have to reset the speaker/vibrate options, sensitivity, everytime you use it?

Anyone can catch anyone on a bad day. And with ALL DUE RESPECT to both parties, their are always two sides to everything. I'm sure this could be worked out. I have have done business now with three of the sponsors here, Colonial, treasure Mountain & & Bart, while I am a shill for none, I will say the experience I have had with each one was more great.

Sounds like their could be just a misunderstanding or someone had a real bad day.

I don't know what happened. My dealings with big boys hobbies (Bart) has been very good. I don't know how many phone calls his business takes on average in a months time, but I'll bet it's a bunch. I don't know how many detectors he sells in a month on average, but I'll bet it's a bunch. And then throw in the sold accessories. Folks we are talking about a lot of communications and money exchanged. If we could put a percentage on the disgruntled customers, versus the satisfied customers, what would it be????
.01 % something to 99.99% something. What does this tell me?? Bart is a good person to deal with. Can something be learned by both parties in this situation. I think and hope so. Just remember humans are not perfect all the time, we strive to be, nothing wrong with that. I hope both parties talk to one another and this gets resolved. Sometimes my best friends have turned out to be folks that maybe rubbed me the wrong way at first.

everyone has a bad day from time to time. im not excusing bad behavior or bad jokes. ill tell you i learn a lot more from criticism of my business than praise.

everyone has a bad day from time to time. im not excusing bad behavior or bad jokes. ill tell you i learn a lot more from criticism of my business than praise.

The issue here, it seems is whoever answered the phone for Bart was rude to the OPs wife. Solution is simple, Bart to tell the guy to be careful how he talks ot people because their money spends everywhere.

I doubt that she talked to Bart personally because Bart has always been cordial and helpful, so I would bet ya $1 it wasn't Bart, but his representative.

The issue here, it seems is whoever answered the phone for Bart was rude to the OPs wife. Solution is simple, Bart to tell the guy to be careful how he talks ot people because their money spends everywhere.

I doubt that she talked to Bart personally because Bart has always been cordial and helpful, so I would bet ya $1 it wasn't Bart, but his representative.

I personally find it artrocious that even an employee of a metal detecting service on line lets some goober on the phone fielding questions, especially to a lady...act like this. It's a dog eat dog world in today's marketplace. jus'sayin'

I personally find it artrocious that even an employee of a metal detecting service on line lets some goober on the phone fielding questions, especially to a lady...act like this. It's a dog eat dog world in today's marketplace. jus'sayin'

I agree, especially when it can cost the owner money... Gotta realize whoever you put as a representative has your money in his hands...

I'm sorry to hear you had a bad experience but what I can tell you is 99.9% of the time all of the sponsors on here, especially Bart are beyond courteous and professional. I can't tell you how many good things I've heard about him, even going above and beyond answering questions to those who bought from someone else.

I see he offered to talk to you/her directly and resolve the issue. Follow-up is key in these situations.

I hope you and your wife continue to report the goods and the bads. That's why this is such a great community. We want what's best for the hobby and sharing information is a vital part of this great hobby.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom