Just how deep do you have to go.

dirtykneese

Forum Supporter
It has been cold here with a lot of rain. I am not much of a cold hunter like I once was. :cold1:
I wanted to just get out a little. I dressed warm, and went to the park. There is this spot between the pavilion and a volley ball court. Maybe 10' wide by 30' long. I go through this spot a lot, I find all kinds of coins and junk. I always hunt in all metal. So doing that, it is pull tab city and pennies out the other end. I had my Mojave set at all metal, sens just into the red zone. Went to popping more tabs and pennies. Many times I get a double beep. Most all the time it is tabs, But you never know some times. I was there for about 15 minutes. Not frezzzzing my hands yet. Another double beep. I knew it was a tab. I poke my screwdriver down, maybe 2' at the most. Felt a good bump, moved over about an inch and another bump. I worked a slit in the wet ground. Got my stubby finger down just past the second knuckle. Feels like a coin. I worked it out. Holey !!!!. A 1957 silver dime. That thing was only about 2' deep. I been their a dozen times with my old compadre and the mojave. I almost forgot about the other target. I probed again. About an inch away another coin. Got it out and thought another silver dime. Wait a minute. That is not an U.S. coin. I don't know what it is . On one side it says " 1/2 Fr. 1959, On the other side under the old lady it says "HELVETIA ". I don't know what the heck that is.
Again only about 2" deep.
I bring them home to clean them up. I even used them soapy pads to clean them. Maybe I should polish them.

Well, Thank you all for looking.. KEN :D

Last edited:
Excellent Silver Stabbin' N Grabbin'! Great post about a place you have been over and over multiple times before and then pulling these two beauties! Well good on ya for the twins and for getting out!:clapping:

Great find!
Helvetia is Latin for Switzerland, the coin you found is a 1959 1/2 Franc from Switzerland.

Great score

Great score Ken ,glad you are getting a few more hunts in there before the ground freezes up. I have noticed after a good rain i will get some new signals in areas i have already covered well. A good soaking rain seems to help the Fisher F4 lock in better on targets.:detector:

Looks like silver to me. Nice score

Attachments

• franc.jpg
    franc.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 215
I did not really find a good spot. This park is very old. People have hunted this park for years. The shelter house is only about 25 years old. I was with in a foot of the concret that has steel in it. You have to go slow to find anything close to it. That is where I found them coins. Most of the time I find pul tabs and pennies. I guess I just got lucky.
Thanks all.. KEN :D

The only reason I found them, Many people that detect this park do not like this area because of all the tabs. Also they can not get their coil close to the concreat because of the steel bars in it. I swing towards it and listen for a double beep. Just go slow and listen. The stuff is their..

KEN :D

Back
Top Bottom