newbie in NH

coolcat7

Hi all, I'm a newbie and I have ordered (after a couple months of research) the Teknetics T2 from Tony C. :P

I have wanted to participate in this hobby for years so I finally plunged in. Other hobbies include scuba diving, golf, gardening, and creative stuff like stained glass. I also just embarked upon jewelry making as well as mosaics of all kinds. I am a shutterbug, taking lots of pics of my husband who is a drummer in a band. We have gigs maybe once every 3 weeks or so. It's lots of fun. 8)

I am concerned about going to the right places to hunt, don't want to get thrown out of anywhere, so I've started to think hard about locations. In NH there are plenty of opportunities for relics. And, I will definitely take this thing on vacation.

That's all for now. When I get some experience I will post some feedback on the T2.

thanks!
:grin:

Welcome to the forum CC. Glad to have you with us here. If you have any questions, just ask away, and I real sure you will find the answers here with these great people. BTW, where abouts do you live in NH? My daughter lives by Manchester/Nashua area.

Milford nh

hi Hoser,
I am in Milford NH which is west of Nashua. I actually work in Nashua.

It's also south of manchester by about the same distance.

I've been in NH for 25yrs and originally am from Ohio.. cleveland area.

I love new england!

:yes:

I hear you. In fact in about eight more years my wife and I are planning on relocating to the New England area. What a beautiful area to live.Heavy sigh! :roll:

Welcome to the board CC.... I visit NH every summer, I go to see my Aunt who lives in Kennsington...

Wellcome Coolcat! I visit cowhampshire several times a year for motorcycle events great state. Will be doing keene,manchester and one somewhere around laconia during bike week could be belknap don't know for sure yet. Cladius.

Hi-ya, CC. I'm a "CC" too. (see the attached pic) :D
Been known to beat the skins myself in my hey-day.
"Homework" is your best bet for not getting "kicked out".
Getting permission from private land owners is the best, tho'... 'cause most private land has a good chance of never having been touched by a detector before. You stand to find all kinds of great stuff... an' COINS! ;)
All the luck to you! Happy hunting! 8)

Krom

thanks you guys

hi all,

Thanks for the kind welcome!!

Also thanks for the ptr to the topO maps. That's excellent info. :roll:

I went to biker week once years ago - it was a blast. We did not have a Harley to ride on tho'. We actually took a boat into Weirs beach and avoided the traffic.

Ok you guys, keep 'em coming ! I really appreciate it.

Found a merc dime and 7 game tokens at Weir's Beach! We go every year during biker's week. :lol:

Hey coolcat im a NH person also i live up around sunnipee mountain but my company i work for is out of milford "JP Chemical" its a pest cotrol thing . i have done some research on your area and there is what is called a true goust town right in milford i want to get down there some time this summer and see if its possible to do some md-ing. any way good luck with your music and your detecting ...the bugguy oh by the way you going to the B.O.N.E MD-ing weekend in april? its in Keene NH and this is the last year so dont miss it. theres info on the sight here about it so if you have any questions well youll find them there

Hi CoolCat, Im a N.H. transplant here in the sunshine state. Welcome to the forum, and good luck with your new machine.
Being very familiar with the Milford, Wilton, Brookline area, You are in a hotbed of great detecting. Most of the old towns there have been detected in the obvious spots, but should be plenty of great stuff left for you. One spot I always wanted to detect, but never did was the old Wilton Quarries area. It is a couple miles south on 13 in Wilton. A dirt road was there but may be blocked now. It was a great party area going wayyyyyy back to before the turn of the last century. Lots of swimming, drinking parties, picnics etc. If you can find a way in there has got to be some booty wauting for you Good Luck........Gil....... :yes:

Back
Top Bottom