WD40 ?

JimInPhilly

Went to the local coin dealer to see if he had any Blue Ribbon Coin Conditioner I've been hearing about. He said he doesn't carry it , he only uses WD40
on dug coins. Anybody use WD40 ? :?:

Dig In

Jim

I know someone that swears by it.

He massages it into
his joints when his arthritis starts acting up. :lol:

Hmmm. I've used it for about evrything else. I am suprised I hadn't thought of that. Anyone try it and have good results? I would be worried the oils in it may stain coppers, but I have no clue.

Other than lubricating something, the only other thing I have done with WD40, is spray it on crank bait lures. The Walleyes love the stuff.

If he uses WD40 on his coins, I wouldn't buy any from him.

Olive oil is the only way to go.

Just tried it with a really dirty 1989 quarter and It dint do much to it at all . maybe i dint do it right .

:shock: For those of you that did'nt know......
Before WD40 was put on the retail shelfs for a lubricant
it was a commonly used H.D. Industrial Cleaner/Lube
Since it was retailed it sports a gazillion uses now :wow:

Tried this on a 65 quarter and an 84 Mexican Peso coin (mostly brass I think). Sprayed each coin face and let sit for 30 minutes. Scrubbed with a toothbrush, rinsed and dried. Very little improvement. I have before and after photos, but the max upload size is 200K. Each photo is about 365K as a .jpg. Can anyone help on getting the size down to less than 200K max?

Bueller?............Bueller?............Anyone?

2 more  uses  for  WD40.  Soak a  brick  with it  and put it in a  lobster trap.  Don't  know  if it  works  or is legal,  Seems lobster have developed a taste for it.  #2,
great  fuel for potato  gun..... :lol:........Gil

Just take a pair of sissors and cut a little of the edge of those darnd pictures. :?: :!: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Absalon,
Download "Infanview" off the web - freeware. It is very easy to use for a lot of photo apps. Reduce photo to 640 x 480 and you should be under 200 kb.

Finally got my picts down to uploadable size. This is a 65 quarter and a peso coin that I recently found. Sprayed with WD40 and let sit for 30 minutes. Took a toothbrush to them and then rinsed. As you can see, there is very little difference. Haven't tried it on silver cause I'm afraid it may stain.

Attachments

• MD Finds before.JPG
    MD Finds before.JPG
    65 KB · Views: 1,098
  • MD Finds after.JPG
    MD Finds after.JPG
    56.7 KB · Views: 1,081
Gi'day all, I use WD40 on silver, brass and copper coins a lot. Works very well in getting rid of the built up grime and dirt. I just spray it on a coin, gently rub between my fingers, and as it loosens the dirt, wipe it off with a cotton towel, or the dirt can act as an abrasive, so you want to clean it off as you work the coin. It doesn't corrode the coins, or devalue them. After cleaning just rinse off in warm water and dry.
Another suggestons is: Soak your rusty relics in one part molasses and ten parts water mixture. Leave the relics in there for a few weeks, then scrub with a wire brush, If the relics are more delicate, becareful you don't scratch them. Usually a nylon sponge will do the trick. A farmer I know, uese the molasses method for all his old rusty tools. :grin:
Cheers Angela

simonthesearcher said:
Hey Rudy,do you think it would work for my gout,ill try anything

Hey Simon,

I don't know about WD40 for gout. :?:

But, are you drinking enough water to flush out the uric acid?

And avoiding foods like: alcohol, scallops, shrimp, sardines, red meat, gravy, cream sauces, organ meats, dried peas and legumes.

They all create purines, which results in your liver making more uric acid than you want or need in your body.

Back
Top Bottom