New to the forum

Ruthanne

Hi....Just a quick intro.....I'm new to this forum....and live just outside Atlanta GA. I love the MDing as a hobby....I guess my biggest frustration is finding places to hunt. Not particularly easy in such an urban setting. I have managed to venture out and have made some interesting finds in the last couple years....mostly farm atifacts, clad coins etc. Still looking for my big find : ) Anyway, nice to meet y'all!

Welcome to the forum Ruthanne :) Feel free to show us some of your finds when you have time :) What do you swing?

Welcome to the forum Ruthanne. Lots of great people here. Any questions you may have, just ask away, and I sure you will get the answers you need.

Hi Ruthanne.

I truly believe we're all surrounded by opportunities - and I'm not just being an eternal optimist. If you're rural, look for history; if you're urban, look for gathering places.

Look forward to seeing you on the board!

OH

Welcome Ruthanne, I'm new here too but i've read quite a bit here before joining. Folks here are very knowledgable. They didn't know it but they talked me into buying a new Whites MXT. I still need to figure it out, but THAT is my job i guess. :lol:

Hello Ruthanne, welcome to the forums, im sure you will get some helpful tips on places to hunt. I like old church sites and old house places. Good luck Pete

welcome to the forum Ruthanne . Try reading Michael Chaplan's book "the urban treasure hunter". Its full of tips for finding sites in a city.

Good luck!

Welcome to the forum! Dont be afraid to ask questions and I'm looking forward to seeing some pics of your finds. HH

Welcome aboard, Ruthanne. It's great having another female join the forum! Look forward to seeing your posts/pics.

Thanks!

Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome.....and thanks for the book recommendation. I ordered it tonight on amazon!

Hi Ruthanne. Yes, it is nice to have another lady here. I belong to a club in Ft. Wayne, IN, and I'm the ONLY female. LOL!
Scrltt641 aka Scarlett

Hi Ruthanne. Yes, it is nice to have another lady here. I belong to a club in Ft. Wayne, IN, and I'm the ONLY female. LOL!
Scrltt641 aka Scarlett

Scrltt641 aka Scarlett

welcome to the Forum.
I am also new to this forum,Youv,e made a good choice in joining.
Being a member shows a devotion that the Hobbyist detectorists do not have.WE can ALL join together in support By obeying posted Laws,and digging responsibly.Too many weekend detectorists are jeopardizing our sport by digging in forbidden areas and leaving massive unfilled holes.
Atlanta has a great history and even the suburban areas show Promise.I live near carthage Missouri site of one of the first CW battles and 2 days ago found a piece of Grapeshot on a 20'by 40'grass plot downtown between a bumper to bumper and a napa(both are auto parts stores)
Ps can,t wait to see some of your goodies.
Best regards and HH,Mont

welcome to the Forum.
I am also new to this forum,Youv,e made a good choice in joining.
Being a member shows a devotion that the Hobbyist detectorists do not have.WE can ALL join together in support By obeying posted Laws,and digging responsibly.Too many weekend detectorists are jeopardizing our sport by digging in forbidden areas and leaving massive unfilled holes.
Atlanta has a great history and even the suburban areas show Promise.I live near carthage Missouri site of one of the first CW battles and 2 days ago found a piece of Grapeshot on a 20'by 40'grass plot downtown between a bumper to bumper and a napa(both are auto parts stores)
Ps can,t wait to see some of your goodies.
Best regards and HH,Mont

Back
Top Bottom