Is THIS the Nox600 6" coil

It has the EQX06 logo and looks like mine, so I'd say yes, that's the one. Price looks a little high, but maybe it's because the price is listed in Canadian dollars? It might be worth checking with some of the forum sponsors - they may be able to beat that price even with shipping to Canada. I paid nowhere close to list price for mine through a forum sponsor. Or even just call a relatively local dealer close to you in Canada - a direct phone call can save some cash :cool3:

It has the EQX06 logo and looks like mine, so I'd say yes, that's the one. Price looks a little high, but maybe it's because the price is listed in Canadian dollars? It might be worth checking with some of the forum sponsors - they may be able to beat that price even with shipping to Canada. I paid nowhere close to list price for mine through a forum sponsor. Or even just call a relatively local dealer close to you in Canada - a direct phone call can save some cash :cool3:

Thanks for the response.. Purchasing from the US means exchange rates, .75 to the dollar I think?, shipping and the almighty customs and brokerage fees, which no matter how much of a great deal the seller might be able to make (he still has to eat).. the tax man will help you touch your toes without a cough..

However, I hope to be in Orange Beach AL next Feb so might see about picking one up on the way down there as I drive down from NS.

Cheers

Yes, thats it but that price is very high. Thats what the 15" coils costs. :jawdrop:

Typo maybe?

Yes, thats it but that price is very high. Thats what the 15" coils costs. :jawdrop:

Typo maybe?

It’s a Canadian dealer and a Canadian website - the price shown is in Canadian dollars. At the current exchange rate ($1 US = $1.35 CAN), the price matches for the $179 list price that US dealers show for the 6” coil.

It’s a Canadian dealer and a Canadian website - the price shown is in Canadian dollars. At the current exchange rate ($1 US = $1.35 CAN), the price matches for the $179 list price that US dealers show for the 6” coil.

Oh, IC :aok:

That would indeed be the 6". I tried the 6" the other day in a very trashy park I've pulled over 50 silvers from this year. I wasn't impressed. The thing LOVES rusty nails! I put the stock coil back on and quickly pulled 3 silver dimes...2 of them in the same area I was working with the 6". The fellow member who let me borrow it (markinswpa) and I both agree that it doesn't separate that much differently than the stock 11" coil. We both agree that the real benefit to the small coil is when you need to work next to big pieces of metal or around ground cover/shrubbery.

I've decided not to purchase the 6" coil for my Nox 600.. The MD has trouble with Canadian coins detection (steel clad coins) which fall within trash numbers and signals.. what might appear as a coin usually turns out to be pull tabs, bottle caps etc.. When testing against our coins, the numbers bounce from the minus to plus 20's depending on the coin. The MD is doing what it's supposed to do, it picks up more of the steel in the coin than the cladding.. However, my first MD, the ACE250 with the Super Sniper 4" coil has a much better time differentiating coins from trash than the NOX.. Frustrating, great unit, just sucks on Canuck coins.. sigh. BUT since I do vacation in the US, I use the Nox there with much better success.

I tried the 6" the other day in a very trashy park I've pulled over 50 silvers from this year. I wasn't impressed. The thing LOVES rusty nails!

This matches my experience so far with the 6” coil, but admittedly, I’ve only used mine twice. The first time was at a relatively iron free site in the woods, and I really liked the ability to maneuver around roots, small trees, and underbrush with ease. I made some nice finds and I was satisfied with the performance, but again, the site wasn’t very challenging from a trash/iron standpoint.

Today I strapped the 6” on again to try it at the site of a former mid-1800s house that I’ve hunted many times using the stock coil. Iron is a huge issue on most of the site - engage the horseshoe button, and to say the iron grunts sound off like a machine gun is an understatement...it sounds more like a mini gun! :lol: I figured the 6” might help me squeak some extra goodies out of the site, but I ended up outright fooled by more rusty square nails than I can remember since starting in the hobby - one I would have swore was going to be a quarter. Ended up with 10 to a dozen rusty nails of various sizes and degrees of bentness - I was genuinely fooled on at least a half dozen, while the rest were admittedly iffy but sounded good enough to go after the signal. From that point, I just started skipping the iffy ones. On the upside, I did end up digging a very cool, big ol’ rusty iron key that I probably skipped with the stock coil, but sounded pretty good with the 6”....so I guess it isn’t all bad :D

Anyways, I plan to continue using mine in tight quarters when appropriate - woods, corn stubble farm fields, etc - I like idea of the smaller size in those situations. I’ll also still use it as a “follow-up” coil at some of my standing permissions to get some extra separation if the conditions seem to warrant it - I still believe the 6” coil must separate better than the 11” stock. I’ll just have to be prepared to dig more nails...and/or crank the iron bias up a bit more??

This matches my experience so far with the 6” coil, but admittedly, I’ve only used mine twice. The first time was at a relatively iron free site in the woods, and I really liked the ability to maneuver around roots, small trees, and underbrush with ease. I made some nice finds and I was satisfied with the performance, but again, the site wasn’t very challenging from a trash/iron standpoint.

Today I strapped the 6” on again to try it at the site of a former mid-1800s house that I’ve hunted many times using the stock coil. Iron is a huge issue on most of the site - engage the horseshoe button, and to say the iron grunts sound off like a machine gun is an understatement...it sounds more like a mini gun! :lol: I figured the 6” might help me squeak some extra goodies out of the site, but I ended up outright fooled by more rusty square nails than I can remember since starting in the hobby - one I would have swore was going to be a quarter. Ended up with 10 to a dozen rusty nails of various sizes and degrees of bentness - I was genuinely fooled on at least a half dozen, while the rest were admittedly iffy but sounded good enough to go after the signal. From that point, I just started skipping the iffy ones. On the upside, I did end up digging a very cool, big ol’ rusty iron key that I probably skipped with the stock coil, but sounded pretty good with the 6”....so I guess it isn’t all bad :D

Anyways, I plan to continue using mine in tight quarters when appropriate - woods, corn stubble farm fields, etc - I like idea of the smaller size in those situations. I’ll also still use it as a “follow-up” coil at some of my standing permissions to get some extra separation if the conditions seem to warrant it - I still believe the 6” coil must separate better than the 11” stock. I’ll just have to be prepared to dig more nails...and/or crank the iron bias up a bit more??

The 6" would be a great asset in a stubbly farm field for sure. It gets great depth for a small coil as well. I just couldn't handle the thing high toning and ID'ing rusty nails like they were silver! Even with the iron bias maxed out the response was the same on rusty nails.:(

Back
Top Bottom