Foam "button" inside Garrett Carrot Cap Replacement

Mikey48

Forum Supporter
I changed out a Garrett Carrot battery in the field and lost the little foam button that was stuck on the inside of the screw on cap. Put in the new battery, screwed on the cap and.... nothin'. Took it back apart and found the foamy tension button was missing and I could not find it. ( It was in an overgrown, brushy field, not on a nice smooth lawn)
So I got out my wallet and found a scrap of paper and folded it to about the right thickness and laid it on top of the inserted battery, put on the cap and I was back in business.

Still I would like to find something similar to the original foam and stick it back on the cap. Anyone have an idea of what to use? Self adhesive would be good.

I simply in a plain old clad quarter, or a thicker token coin from my collection. Mexican 2 peso coin is in my old Carrot. All it really takes is a spacer. I doubt that the foam has a special effect. In fact, it will naturally deteriorate since it doesn't free float during screwing down. jm2c

Thanks for the input. I am somewhat surprised that a quarter sized spacer works so well. The contacts must be pretty flexible, and getting a really good connection is the point. I will try something like that.

Back
Top Bottom