Ornate Decorative Brass? Piece

ryno509

Hey all.
I found this detecting in front of a mid to late 1800s barn with a late 1800s home site next to it.

I believe it is brass because its rang up a 66-67 on my AT Pro.
It's really light and thin, the back is hollow.

Any idea? Any help is appreciated! Thanks!

brouchefront.jpg
broucheback.jpg

You won’t find an exact match but the other piece would be identical and they hook together to make the complete buckle. Kind of like this.

Attachments

• 6A0CBF49-0D9A-4B9C-925D-2A7F2F0D7395.jpg
    6A0CBF49-0D9A-4B9C-925D-2A7F2F0D7395.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 364
You won’t find an exact match but the other piece would be identical and they hook together to make the complete buckle. Kind of like this.
Yeah I didn't the exact piece would show up. But I couldn't find anything even remotely looking the same. You nailed it! Thank you very much! That's awesome.
Any idea on the date range of these things?

Might be a decorative key fob.
Haha funny!

Actually I wasn’t joking about it possibly being a key fob. I have found a number of fobs and they look much like that. In fact there is a HUGE national group of collectors of fobs. Go look at some of theirs. Very collectible.

Here is one I recently found. The top is very similar to what you are showing.

Apology accepted

Attachments

• D87C39CD-C41D-4BD4-A19F-B67E1F576D3A.jpg
    D87C39CD-C41D-4BD4-A19F-B67E1F576D3A.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 287
Actually I wasn’t joking about it possibly being a key fob. I have found a number of fobs and they look much like that. In fact there is a HUGE national group of collectors of fobs. Go look at some of theirs. Very collectible.

Here is one I recently found. The top is very similar to what you are showing.

Apology accepted

Sorry Chip, my apologies, I thought you were making a funny. I instinctively thought of the newer style electronic key fobs, never thought they were called that back then!
The top of yours does look very close to mine. You think it would be hollow on the backside? I couldn’t find the National group of fobs as you stated though!

Thanks for the input!
Again, my mistake!

Back
Top Bottom