does anyone dowse?...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really think all future threads on dowsing should be banned. Nothing good ever comes from them. Plenty of other forums have sections on them. This is supposed to be a friendly place.

My opinion on dowsing is this. I believe it to be as reliable as "Long Range Treasure Locators". There just is not any hard evidence to substantiate the claims. We all like to believe that there is more out there than we can see or touch. Sometimes we just cater to the belief for money or personal satisfaction. Kellyco sells long range detectors...

http://www.kellycodetectors.com/allbyprice/1000-up-longrange.htm

Does this make it any more true for you? For me this is a total rip-off. Here is the catch! If you enjoy and find pleasure using Long range detectors and dowsing, then it is a legitimate pastime and a great investment. More power to you. :yes: But it does not substantiate that it in fact works. There is no factual basis for it. This borders on a "Faith Issue". I myself will question no person on their faith, then again... I will usually turn my head away and laugh to myself sometimes. I have watched my Father, who owned multiple drill rigs witch out water with metal rods on many occasions. He was always successful. He was smart and experienced in drilling. I think he could have used a Dill pickle and got the same results. :lol: My friends this is what I believe. It however does not make what I say the truth. ;)

Keep Swing'in
Keep Dowsing
Keep Posting...

Jack

Thanks for the link Cybersage, I read some of what Kellyco has out there and it says they have found treasure with these forms of equipment. Now that brings me to another point.
Being a paying advertizer on the site, knocking dowsing is the same as bashing a certain brand of metal detector.

This was a test of the idiometer effect. Previously discussed in the thread on dowsing.

Pete, given the reactions of some of our members to this subject, its probably better to spell that word correctly. It is "ideomotor", quite a different connotation don't you think?

For some interesting background material on the ideomotor effect see:

Wikipedia
Skeptic dictionary
Quackwatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom