3 bucketlisters today..

It is SO great to see someone going through a park like that and having success. I can talk all I want about what I’ve seen while using the Explorers but until somebody replicates that themselves…it’s all hot air. You took the leap, now the machines are going to show you why. I’m looking forward to video of the hunt!:yes:

I did a little video for a subscriber a while back...I mentioned and did a little shout out for you..Here's the link in case you didn't see it..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xH7Mv06-2aI

I did a little video for a subscriber a while back...I mentioned and did a little shout out for you..Here's the link in case you didn't see it..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xH7Mv06-2aI

Ha! I did skim over that one, thanks for the shout out. Know what? Of the videos I have, the ones on the Explorers are viewed the most, by far. Why is that? Here’s my take. So many new light machines have been coming out lately and detectorists are getting older and less tolerant of heavier machines, so that leaves the market flooded with Explorers, eTracs, Safaris…FBS. Now is as good a time as any for somebody who doesn’t really want to spend 1500 on a Deus2 but they can certainly flip that 350$ for an Explorer to finally try one out, so they do. I’ve had numerous people PM me with a message that starts out with something like,”Holy #&@$!!” It’s THAT much of a difference, so they want to know more and wind up watching every Explorer video they can. If you spend the time, and for some people that can be a challenge for various reasons…it will usually do what yours have done. It’s a great thing to see that they are obviously still relevant.

Ha! I did skim over that one, thanks for the shout out. Know what? Of the videos I have, the ones on the Explorers are viewed the most, by far. Why is that? Here’s my take. So many new light machines have been coming out lately and detectorists are getting older and less tolerant of heavier machines, so that leaves the market flooded with Explorers, eTracs, Safaris…FBS. Now is as good a time as any for somebody who doesn’t really want to spend 1500 on a Deus2 but they can certainly flip that 350$ for an Explorer to finally try one out, so they do. I’ve had numerous people PM me with a message that starts out with something like,”Holy #&@$!!” It’s THAT much of a difference, so they want to know more and wind up watching every Explorer video they can. If you spend the time, and for some people that can be a challenge for various reasons…it will usually do what yours have done. It’s a great thing to see that they are obviously still relevant.
Yep that's exactly why i got the Explorers...I always wanted The Etrac but never wanted to spend $1500...Even now people still want 500 to 800 for used etracs...I seen that the explorers had the same FBS technology so i went with an Expplorer2 for $250...Liked it so much i found another ExplorerSE for $300..Now i want a CTX but i doubt anyone will sell for under 1k..

Awesome post, Inspiring! Great pictures of two of my all-time favorite coins. Congrats, big time! I hear my SE beckoning me from the garage.:yes:[/QUOT
Thanks getting the half and standing almost made me forget i found my first Barber that day..Still shocked that happened...I have all 3 signals on video...Live digs with VDIs up close...I will make a post when the video is done in a few weeks if anyone is interested in watching it..

Awesome post, Inspiring! Great pictures of two of my all-time favorite coins. Congrats, big time! I hear my SE beckoning me from the garage.:yes:[/QUOT
Thanks getting the half and standing almost made me forget i found my first Barber that day..Still shocked that happened...I have all 3 signals on video...Live digs with VDIs up close...I will make a post when the video is done in a few weeks if anyone is interested in watching it..

I'll be looking forward to seeing that video. :yes:

I don't care what machines come out, I'll likely always have an FBS machine in my arsenal. My favorite explorer model was the SE Pro. The etrac and CTX were pretty darn good too. Congrats on the awesome silvers, a great hunt!

Spankings

That's correct: If the S-mint were key-date rare, those are not allowed east of the Mississippi. They would need to be shipped back this way. Tsk tsk

The Explorer incarnations (Exp, SE, Etrac, CTX), were the best at cherry-picking deep silver from turf ! I routinely spank 800s, even to this day, in turf duels :cool3:

Congratulations on a great hunt, that is awesome.
Tom, have you spanked a Deus II yet? I'm finding a LOT of wheaties and silver coins that my 800 missed. Manticore is on backorder.

Last edited:
Congratulations on a great hunt, that is awesome.
Tom, have you spanked a Deus II yet? I'm finding a LOT of wheaties and silver coins that my 800 missed. Manticore is on backorder.

Hey there hikerdude,

I have not seen or tried or dueled with a D-II yet. Do you have one ??

I have the D-I. And it will do better at ghost-townsy iron/nail ridden sites, than the Explorer ... OF COURSE ! But in junky turf, where a bit of cherry-picking is in order, the D-I will get spanked by the Explorer. They are 2 different machines for 2 different jobs.

But as for the D-II, I dunno. I haven't seen or compared one yet. I hear claims that it is the "best of both worlds". So if you have one, and want to meet up and trade off flagged signals, let's loop in Jamflicker , and meet somewhere in So. CA to do some comparing.

I have no doubt that the D-11 will be better for coins-hiding under nails (old town demolition sites, ghost towns, etc...). But I don't know how it would do for turf or beach. I just haven't gotten hold of one yet.

Old Toys

It is SO great to see someone going through a park like that and having success. I can talk all I want about what I’ve seen while using the Explorers but until somebody replicates that themselves…it’s all hot air. You took the leap, now the machines are going to show you why. I’m looking forward to video of the hunt!:yes:

I have an E-trac and can't seem to be able to find the good deep stuff with it. I've dug a lot of silver that was shallow,(up to 6 inches). I purchased the Deus II and am finding a LOT of silver and wheat coins that are deep and that I missed with my NOX 800. I sold the NOX 800 and preordered the Manticore. I need someone who is familiar with the E-trac to give me lessons
I have heard more than a few good stories about those old Minelabs.
HH everyone

Back
Top Bottom