Detector Storage

JNimons

Forum Supporter
Needed to organize my detecting stuff.. Bought this rail and detachable sliding hooks at Walmart. Now I can hang my Equinox 800 and Deus 2...my pack and my shovels. Mounted a power strip above it and I can charge everything right where I store it including my detecting radios. Neater and convenient.

How's everyone else store their equipment?

I built a cabinet out of an old crate

http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=278450

IMG-20191202-151642.jpg

A lot more organized than me, I just collapse them and hang them somewhere out of the way, and hopefully remember to charge the 1 detector I have with an internal battery [Legend] and/or even find the cord. I have a land shark GS puppy so its essential I keep them up high out of his reach - One detector [Ace 400] still in use, used it just yesterday and the coming week doesn't look too bad. That I keep in my vehicle until the deep freeze sets in, then I take out the batteries and store it with the others.

Pinpointers I keep in a metal filing cabinet so I know where they are come spring, shovels/scoops hang in the garage.

I wish I had a good place to stash mine when not in use. Since we live in a 35 foot RV full time, space is at a premium. I currently have 4 detectors on board and my Surf PI is back in Panama City Beach in our climate controlled storage unit since there's nowhere to use it here. I'm looking to sell my DFX but it's in the RV now also. When we're somewhere for a while, they all stand on the Driver's Seat, when we travel I have them laid out on the bed for driving.

Mine just lean against the walls in the living room and bedrooms. Scoops and pouches i leave in the SUV since that is what you usually forget when you either get up real early or detect at night. Got a back pack with emergency stuff in it that stays in the SUV. Pinpointers stay in the SUV as well.

Exactly what I need to do. Just have to find a place in the basement.

My Simplex has three cords for charging. One for detector, one for headphones and one for pinpointer. I have those 3 zipped tied together.

My Xp Orx also has 3 cords. One for control box, one for headphones and one for coil. But they are all attached to a single plug, nice job by Xp.

Very nice hangers, just a reminder for those that can't detect year round, take out all batteries, so they don't ruin anything. I also keep them charged up, just put a charge on them every so often,:sunny::sunny::sunny:
too_

nice set up

Needed to organize my detecting stuff.. Bought this rail and detachable sliding hooks at Walmart. Now I can hang my Equinox 800 and Deus 2...my pack and my shovels. Mounted a power strip above it and I can charge everything right where I store it including my detecting radios. Neater and convenient.

How's everyone else store their equipment?

Like the way you set it up

You guys are way more organized than me, whatever I'm using at the time just lays in the backseat of my truck. The T handle shovel and lesch lay in the bed,rained on for years and work just as good when the ice melts off them as they did the day I bought em..lol..The rest are laying all over the garage ,and I got a few cardboard boxes full of coils and odds and ends of machines I probably don't even own anymore. Sloppy joe I guess.

you guys are way more organized than me, whatever i'm using at the time just lays in the backseat of my truck. The t handle shovel and lesch lay in the bed,rained on for years and work just as good when the ice melts off them as they did the day i bought em..lol..the rest are laying all over the garage ,and i got a few cardboard boxes full of coils and odds and ends of machines i probably don't even own anymore. Sloppy joe i guess.

ditto

Back
Top Bottom