F75

aaronc

Forum Supporter
Hey guys,..upgraded from my Tracker IV last Christmas to an AT PRO...much to the advice from folks around here. It was a good move and it has a permanent home here. I didn't get rid of the Tracker,..I'm one of those guys that end up with 10 of everything,..so that being said I may add to the arsenal again this Christmas. One of the things that caught my eye last year was the sale on the F75's...they appear to have overall good reviews and a loyal following. My question is why is it still on sale and is it really a "sale"? Is it really a $1200 detector? If so then that certainly is an option for me,..I like good stuff for sale prices when I can..So what do you guys think about the F75? Worth it/Not worth it/ how does it compare to the AT PRO? Those types of things are what I'm looking for here. All comments welcome,..Best Regards, -Aaron

$1200? Ouch. I got my F75 (the newer one with DST and the extra modes) lightly used a couple of years ago for just over half that much. Contact the sponsors I bet they can beat that price substantially.

I'm not hardcore, but moved to the F75 because it is one of the top end detectors -- when I do swing I want to make it count. It is very light and comfortable, which I like. Seems like it runs forever on a set of good alkaline AAs. Fair number of coil options, and they aren't too absurdly priced.

As an F75 owner I often consider getting an ATPro for the peace of mind in/near water, but that's rare. I have the right detector for me. From what I've read, I don't think the ATpro would be a huge step down for land hunting, so in your case, the F75 isn't a huge step up. But if you're Jonesing for something new, go for it, the F75 is worth every penny I spent.

F75 ltd is about 700 new now,,through a dealer maybe better? I can tell you it's a different animal than the at pro..I won't say this for a fact, just my opinion,,but the f75 is much more machine than the at pro,,and not just a little bit either..my experience Anyhow.

I have an F70 and an AtPro....They make a great TEAM! They both use the same batteries, so after about 12hrs, when the AtPro says its 'done' with them, I pop those batts right into the F70 for another 15+hrs of hunting! The F series will run strong on fumes, the Pro dont like halfdeads at all!

I use the F70 for ALL my dirt work, and the Pro for hunting the water for Gold...I like the full Tones the F70 delivers, as well as the various other adjustments and features to really tweak it to maximize finds at a site...

The Pro is just a Monster though, very simple and straightforward, yet it lacks the full tones I need to work the dirt like the 70 has, plus its not as ergonomic, or comfortable to really sling a big wide swath, but anyway, it absolutely SLAMS gold including chains! Nobody can say a bad word about its infield performance!

So yeah...you should look at another rig to use to compliment your Pro..the F70/Patriot/F75 kind of realm...A nice balanced set of tools no matter what a guy is hunting...Its an easy transition from one to the other, they are indeed Brothers of Different Mothers so to speak...In field performers! I really enjoy running them both, they sit right beside me daily in the passenger seat of my hunting vehicle and get along quite well....

Attachments

• gear1.jpg
    gear1.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 226
Thanks for the responses. Yes I'm aware that they run in the $600 ish range at the moment. But they show that it stickers for twice that. Maybe I'm mistaken about it being the same deal I remember from last year,..maybe it's this price all the time.

Its all marketing. Like the walmart was/now marketing on price. But they did get market down to $599 last year. Now the LTD is $799. There is no 15" coil promo like last year holiday but you can alway contact a sponsor. ;)

Its all marketing. Like the walmart was/now marketing on price. But they did get market down to $599 last year. Now the LTD is $799. There is no 15" coil promo like last year holiday but you can alway contact a sponsor. ;)

Got it. thanks.

Also, if you'd consider buying used, I got the reduced to $799 LTD for under $500. It comes with add'l 5" coil, boost and cache modes, in addition to the DST, FA found on the $599 model. Some call it the LTD2, as boost & cache modes with 5" coil has been long available. The DST/FA is new. Best wishes.

Also, if you'd consider buying used, I got the reduced to $799 LTD for under $500. It comes with add'l 5" coil, boost and cache modes, in addition to the DST, FA found on the $599 model. Some call it the LTD2, as boost & cache modes with 5" coil has been long available. The DST/FA is new. Best wishes.

Awesome,..thanks for info.

Had F75s since

They 1st came out, still have a F75 se with all the upgrades, love the machine, even though i have 2. Ctx3030s, the speed and the depth, and pulling 10 inch dimes on side walk strips with the little 5 inch coil , cant be touched, a great machine, get a new F75ltd2, you will be happy , Earl

They 1st came out, still have a F75 se with all the upgrades, love the machine, even though i have 2. Ctx3030s, the speed and the depth, and pulling 10 inch dimes on side walk strips with the little 5 inch coil , cant be touched, a great machine, get a new F75ltd2, you will be happy , Earl

Thanks for response Earl..

F75+ - coming in DEcember. An F75 LTD with one coil - 2 year transferrable out of total 5 year warranty - one free factory rehab - plus some unannounced add-ones - all for a stunning new low price.

Watch for details and then contact your favorite Forum Sponsor Dealer.

F75+ - coming in DEcember. An F75 LTD with one coil - 2 year transferrable out of total 5 year warranty - one free factory rehab - plus some unannounced add-ones - all for a stunning new low price.

Watch for details and then contact your favorite Forum Sponsor Dealer.

I've only officially heard of the boost mode and tranferable 2 year warranty piece. Source on release date, add-ons, and price hype? You may be setting false expectations.

Hope not on false expectations ....

The free rehab was in Russ Balbirona’s podcast appearance this week. The extra swag and low price are just My own expectation - as is the December release date - if they are going to get gift giving season and deal with the Minelab buzz - then it has to be December.

Everything else pretty much based on Fisher/Tek’s social Media slow reveal of this thing. Here’s a quote from one post on the official Fisher Labs facebook page.

‘If You’re a fan of the Fisher F75 - just wait till you get your hands on the F-75+. You won’t believe what you are going to get”

That says to me something “extra” ...If I’m wrong - it won’t be the first time.

They have cut the price of pretty much everything in their existing line - it’s a new world out there in Detector Land.

Last edited:
So like I said, officially we know about the new warranty and boost. Since you are a rep you need to be careful to state what is a guess/opinion vs fact.

Point taken, my speculation should have been shared only with my cat! In any case, it’s just speculation.

So is this F75 + going to be a slight step above or have more features than the LTD version??

Hope not on false expectations ....

The free rehab was in Russ Balbirona’s podcast appearance this week. The extra swag and low price are just My own expectation - as is the December release date - if they are going to get gift giving season and deal with the Minelab buzz - then it has to be December.

Everything else pretty much based on Fisher/Tek’s social Media slow reveal of this thing. Here’s a quote from one post on the official Fisher Labs facebook page.

‘If You’re a fan of the Fisher F75 - just wait till you get your hands on the F-75+. You won’t believe what you are going to get”

That says to me something “extra” ...If I’m wrong - it won’t be the first time.

They have cut the price of pretty much everything in their existing line - it’s a new world out there in Detector Land.

You have link to podcast?

Personally I don't see the use of or messing with the f75+...they fixed the emi issue with the f75,,it has every feature already tat makes a great machine...Imo all they could do is fail and make a bad machine outta a great machine already.Too may companies try to fix or tweak what already works

Back
Top Bottom