Detector mounted pinpointer holder

deezdrama

Was thinking it would be nice to mount my pinpointer on the arm under the control box on my detector. Ive seen people use the stock holster on the arm brace area before but seen the little plastic clips on ebay that mount to the detector arm and the pointer clips into it.

Anyone use these? Does it make the detector too heavy? I have a light vaquero so dont think it would be a problem.

Any opinions on these?

I think if you try it, you'll find it's more convenient to keep in your pouch. If I'm kneeling to dig, I'll either just keep my digger and PP in my left hand, or pull both from the pouch at the same time I kneel.

You can make a holster from 1" PVC, and put a 1/2" slot in it to pinch the hump where the light is, to prevent it from being lost. Or I'd tether it to my detector. I'd be afraid of losing it.

Forgot I had pics, just the PP holster, I can invert it, shake it, and PP will stay in place. A couple zip ties or some electrical tape it to the shaft would make for easy removal if you decide you didn't care to carry it that way.

picture.php

I attached holders on all of my machines but removed them after a short time. I found they did add additional weight and it was inconvenient for me to use.

I just keep mine in my finds pouch. Easy to find, easy to get. I had a Sunray DX-1 on my rig, but took it off due to weight constraints. The V3i is neither light, nor particularly well balanced.

The added weight on the arm of the detector will tire you far more quickly than the convenience is worth.

Detector manufacturers work hard to keep the weight out of the system, and to toss an extra 6.35 ounces (I just weighed my Garrett Pro Pointer AT) + whatever the clip is onto the arm really will make a difference in a lengthy hunt.

Not sure what you gain by putting it there, instead of on your hip or just holding it in your free hand (which is what I do with both my Lesche and pin pointer... I never have to "retrieve" either.) Plus it's wicked fast to drop and recover with it already in your free hand.

Bonus, too is the fact if the pin pointer is held butt end against the Lesche, it's not triggered in the detection field. It works.

Skippy

My pin pointer is on the arm cuff of my CTX and I love it there personally. I found a “night ize light holster” for a flashlight for less then $10 at Home Depot. It has a clip on it and no bottom to fill or hold dirt. It holds all pin pointers very securely and they won’t fall out. I switched to this one after one fell out of my stock holster. It can go on your detector, belt, finds pouch or where ever because of the clip.

https://m.lowes.com/pd/Nite-Ize-Lit...MI1pH_tLO11wIVF57ACh0UEg47EAAYASAAEgLQIPD_BwE

Back
Top Bottom