Finds & Log Sheets

FelixtheCat

A Moderating Knight of the Round Coil
Super Mod
Forum Supporter
I have 2 simple sheets that I made that I use that are Word docs.  One is for each hunt where I attach a picture and write down the finds.  These pages are kept in a notebook in clear sleeves. The other is a "Totals" page.  Some of you out there may be using something more sophisticated, but if your not and you would like something simple to use, enjoy.

Attachments

• MD TEMPLATE.doc
    22.5 KB · Views: 1,783
  • COIN SHEET.doc
    21.5 KB · Views: 1,474
I like the idea of including pics.

I use something similar, but in Excel instead of Word.  The total number of coins found and their value is updated at the top left corner of the sheet as you enter your coin finds.  I like using Excel because I can sort the entries by any of the columns - I like to sort it by location so I can see where I've had the most success so far.

I think I've seen special programs just for logging detector finds...  does anyone on the forum use them?  How are they?

Attachments

• Detector Finds.xls
    24.5 KB · Views: 1,481
I have recently purchased a copy of "i-detect" software, available from :Ginkgoware.com". I would rate it as OK, not good, not bad. I think it's main shortcoming is being unable to print a hard copy. jmho

I use Excel too. I use a simple spreadsheet to track hunts by date and place, total dollar amount found, total coins, and totals for each denomination. I also have colums for older coins, jewelry and relics.

I have written a program I use to track my finds anyone can use. It called FINDERS KEEPER http://www.detectorplace.com/.

I am open to any changes/additions users may want.

ss5.jpg

Detector - That's pretty sophisticated! I imagine you only do that with your "good" coins! If I had to do that with all my clad I wouldn't have any time to detect. It does seem great though!

Seems like a very good program to me.I might use it if I had it.

Also the coin looks good too.

I might use it if I had it.

Just click on the FINDERS KEEPER link in my sig and download it if you like.

Yes I generally only add my good stuff to the database. I am wide open to any and all suggestions/complaints/New ideas.

Detector said:
I might use it if I had it.

Just click on the FINDERS KEEPER link in my sig and download it if you like.

Yes I generally only add my good stuff to the database. I am wide open to any and all suggestions/complaints/New ideas.
Thanks for sharing Detector! That looks like a good program!

Detector, this is Dtektor calling. I was wondering if you still maintain the software "Finders Keepers"? I have been looking around for something to log my finds (have been using i-detect for a few months but still looking for the golden ring of logging packages.

My dad has an old log book from Kellyco from back in the 90s. He never used it though. Must have been a freebie.

Back
Top Bottom