Just A Heads Up - AKYOR

Admiral Ackbar's lesser known cousin?

Seriously, though - I took a look at their website. Just 3 w's, the name, followed by dot com. English isn't their first language, as the site has some odd sentence structure, but interesting concept. In all honesty, I truly believe that's the real future of metal detecting - just hook a coil directly to a smart phone via some form of wireless bridge. Theirs is still a corded coil, though - as evidenced by the pic with the wire wrapped haphazardly about a thousand times around the shaft! The shot of it in front of the ocean surf is priceless! Again, interesting concept, but I doubt these are the guys that I'd invest in.

It will be interesting to see if it REALLY works...somehow I doubt that it will just yet...they're claiming that with a "booster" they can detect a US quarter at 10-12 inches..

One thing that comes to my immediate attention is phone brightness in full sunlight. I think a sunshade of sorts would be a requirement. I find it odd that it uses the audio hardware to do the detecting work. So by design, being able to see the screen appears to be imperative to using it, not sound.

I'm not willing to "invest", but the price point they're looking at would make it interesting, once it's been REALLY tested...maybe Gary Drayton can review it on Oak Island :)

AKYOR on Kickstarter started today.
I have no affiliation with them.
No link, didn't want to break any rules.

so funny. here is their idea that will replace the Garrett Carrot.

if anyone takes this seriously please tell me why you would want a pinpointer that could not get within 1.5 inches from a target in the ground, and who would want to expose their finger to broken glass.

notice the foreign voice on the video? Just some rubes who think they can swindle some people out of investment money and know nothing about metal detecting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xba3f5H_zk

I am sure Garrett and Minelab are shaking in their boots right now. Cannot wait til someone buys either of these products and writes a reveiw, or even better a real youtube video of their use and not the two guys in a tub, would be inventor youtube promotion.

I'm not willing to "invest", but the price point they're looking at would make it interesting, once it's been REALLY tested...maybe Gary Drayton can review it on Oak Island :)

If that FOOL Drayton said it was good, i'd DEFINITELY not buy one:laughing:

Matt

Hehe.. hopefully they make a 17" coil for him to test between the rocks again

Back
Top Bottom