Stood up and Little Boy Blue showed up!

jwp1964

Forum Supporter
Went door knocking with Treasure Mountain Ed after lunch. Two knocks no answer and got a yes at a small 30s Brick home. Ed started quick with a GW and a Merc while I harvested wheat. I finally got some shiny when I dug the awesome Forget Me Not Bracelet. It has 6 names inscribed and I think WWll era. Next up Little Boy Blue Baby Spoon...silver plate, wah wah! After one lap around the house I hit the front yard again and got stood up with the wiped Standing Liberty Quarter! Ended with a deep 1924D Merc and total of 12 wheats! Great little yard. Silver number 8&9 FTY!

42a296da745595545f3b5c6997219ca8.jpg

fb1aa648a8da08e3f5412389643ae4b6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very nice digs! Love that bracelet. They lost it, they searched, they cried, they got over it, and the sands of time erased it from their sentiment long ago. Nice chunk o' sterling! With the SLQ, the Merc and the wheats, plus the cool spoon? Wow, that's a good hunt!

Very nice digs! Love that bracelet. They lost it, they searched, they cried, they got over it, and the sands of time erased it from their sentiment long ago. Nice chunk o' sterling! With the SLQ, the Merc and the wheats, plus the cool spoon? Wow, that's a good hunt!

Thanks Foragist. It was a nice little 30s brick home. Great hunt.

Congrats on the nice finds. I found a link from one of those bracelets before but never a full one. Cool stuff.

Thanks Jam. Love those personalized jewelry finds!

Nice diggs

Thanks joee!

Awesome finds bro!

Bracelet is beautiful, those are forget me not flowers on the front too..

Somewhere around the 30s-40s forget me nots were a very popular jewelry theme.. I've found quite a few pieces featuring them...

Congrats bro!!

<°)))>{

A great hunt,I like the quarter and bracelet!

Thanks Metal!

Awesome finds bro!

Bracelet is beautiful, those are forget me not flowers on the front too..

Somewhere around the 30s-40s forget me nots were a very popular jewelry theme.. I've found quite a few pieces featuring them...

Congrats bro!!

<°)))>{

Thanks Ice. Love those personalized jewelry pieces.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Awesome finds,usually a stander is the cream of the crop but that bracelet takes the lead I think..That bracelet is one amazing find,not only because it’s jewlery And silver,, but the history of it..Congrats

Awesome finds,usually a stander is the cream of the crop but that bracelet takes the lead I think..That bracelet is one amazing find,not only because it’s jewlery And silver,, but the history of it..Congrats

Thanks WB! That bracelet made my day, but still like pulling that Stander!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wow that bracelet is incredible! That will look fantastic in a display case, not to mention the history of it! I wonder if any of those people listed are still alive.

Nice hunt and report summary. Also a good example that you don't have to find old farmhouses to have a fun and productive hunt.

Fantastic haul man! That bracelet is awesome! Digging silver coins is always nice, but they are usually pretty much the same designs. That's what I like about sterling, alot of it is personalized. Still waiting to hit the dirt up here. It got so cold, even the woods froze. That generally NEVER happens, usually its the snow that gets in the way. Good luck and happy hunting!

Nice hunts man

Congrats on a great hunt !! Your bracelet find is awesome. GL & HH.

Nice hunt and report summary. Also a good example that you don't have to find old farmhouses to have a fun and productive hunt.

Wow that bracelet is incredible! That will look fantastic in a display case, not to mention the history of it! I wonder if any of those people listed are still alive.

Fantastic haul man! That bracelet is awesome! Digging silver coins is always nice, but they are usually pretty much the same designs. That's what I like about sterling, alot of it is personalized. Still waiting to hit the dirt up here. It got so cold, even the woods froze. That generally NEVER happens, usually its the snow that gets in the way. Good luck and happy hunting!

Congrats on a great bunch of finds!! I like the bracelet also.

Thanks y’all!

What a great little yard! Good on ya for your persistence with the door knocks...I love your post! You can just about see what went on there!

The finds pretty much tells the tale of that Family long ago...The bracelet is the key evidence ..a whole house full of kids playing outdoors all the time losing coins...

Poor Momma loses her bracelet giving one of those kids a good whooping with a wooden spoon or the rug beater!! Probably flew off her wrist while beating Eddie?:laughing: Theres probably a belt buckle out there someplace after Father got home...Poor Eddie! Although maybe he turned out alright...

I bet Eddie buried a tin can of a road stake out back by the alley lilac bushes? For to run away from home with? Maybe lost his old Mans lighter back behind the garage? Like a jar of marbles and a knife and maybe some more money? Go back and see what else! The age is right for there being an outhouse even!

Your finds bear witness to the Lives of Humans through the fog of time..this dont happen all that often where a guy can see it so clearly...Its that bracelet that ties it all together....

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom