• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

back to norm

leslie(nova scotia)

Elite Member
Navy Davy picked me up as I dropped Nogo at the garage as he was exhausted and loud. This was ND and my first outing together in over two months and long over due. First stop was at Rotten Ronnies for mud and a breakfast sandwich that we devoured with great haste.
The trip to Lumpston's Dam was over before it started as we chatted up a storm. Arriving at the park there was only one other vehicle in the lot. It's rear door was open raising some concern in this former policeman's gray matter. Two people eventually emerged . Fellow digaholics Kevin and his much better half Detector Girl (apparently they have their own vids on Facebook).
Nd chatted up a storm as I took to the aquatic environment swinging Zen Guru. 15 minutes later this Orca exited the water with an empty finds pocket. It was no real surprise as last year they drained the lake. ND and I had hit it but not before some one else. The bottom of the lake looked like no man's land at the Somme as did the grassy areas.
Going behind ND's car I exposed myself to Nova Scotia and a few crows in a tree. As I peeled off the wet trunks the crows started to caw really loud. Not sure if it was in horror or delight! I turned around to look at them and they screeched even louder. Must have seen a worm or something!
Said the heck with this and put Zen in the trunk grabbing the ancient Quota Guru#2.
Swing, bend dig. Swing bend dig. Sort of like "Ground Hog Day" the movie. Detector Girl and Kevin were swishing with some success while ND was swinging away with his sniper coil. Um! Thought Dave was a retired naval man not a grunt shooter!
Anyway the heat was up and ND and I were fading big time. Called it a day. Miscounted my take thinking I needed 7 for quota which I thought I would get later that day after a shower and meds as I was hanging ten like Ed T. on the Nova Scotia Hardcore Diggers group on Facebook.
Made the mistake of turning on the tube while getting dressed after the shower. My intent was to go back out for not 7 but 3 coins. There it was. No crowds just the players. Heaven! Bundesliga....Werder Bremen versus FC Heidenheim. Needless to say quota was not found.
Take for the day was 47 coins @ $4.30 including a 1950 dime, dog tag from the town of "Woofville and a watch with a silver chain (watch had found the business end of the lesche tool and the chain was fragmented).
Backtracking a tad my bud Navy Davy is as thoughtful as he is tall. He handed me an intact sand dollar as I had told him of Marie and I's visit to Martinique Beach the other day to find one to no avail.
I gave this to Marie along with the postcard ND had added which told the tale of the shell. Marie was delighted. This faded as I showed her the bill to get Nogo's exhausting problem fixed. Just another day in the life of a Bluenoser!

Attachments

• 79220652_10158110465411014_4563691463466489998_o[2].jpg
    79220652_10158110465411014_4563691463466489998_o[2].jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 151
  • 106999713_10158110465731014_7475742383942260084_o[1][1].jpg
    106999713_10158110465731014_7475742383942260084_o[1][1].jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 139
I always get a good laugh reading your posts leslie,
Good to hear you got your digging partner back and the crows didn’t steal your bait. :laughing:
Btw I really like the dog tag, “Town of Woofville “ .... That’s priceless!

Haha! Crow's have a good sense of humor! I can relate...
Good to hear you got some swishing in, some water time, some buddy time, and a little treasure too.

Back
Top Bottom