Nox 600

L0S3R

Elite Member
Has anyone noticed how far off the nox is on depth? I love my nox don’t get me wrong. I’ll get a reading saying 3-4 bars when the coin is just below the surface. Why? Other times it will say1 bar but I’ll find the coin 4-5” deep. No other signal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep. Same here. Depth meter definitely isn’t one of its strongest features. I mostly ignore it and try to judge depth by the tone.

The depth is just a idea. I use to not let my coil hit the ground when using another MD and could not figure out why I had to dig deep until the air got to my head and looked at my coil cover and almost new look told me what I was doing wrong.

Sent from my Armor_3 using Tapatalk

Depth meters or indicators are not accurate at all. The Minelab Xterras are the same as your getting. It's an estimate. I think it false reads depth due to soil mineral conditions making it think the target is there. But....that's just my best guess at this issue. Someone with better tech knowledge may explain this for us. I don't look at it much. Sometimes a variance in sound indicates my depth. When I'm really tuned in!..

Has anyone noticed how far off the nox is on depth? I love my nox don’t get me wrong. I’ll get a reading saying 3-4 bars when the coin is just below the surface. Why? Other times it will say1 bar but I’ll find the coin 4-5” deep. No other signal.

Yep,
I no longer use the depth meter. Using the 15" coil makes it worse.
Pinpointing will give you more info than the meter.
Tom

Mine is not far off as long as if its a coin.
If I remember each one of the little arrows equates to 2" of depth.

Back
Top Bottom