Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   Antiques Detectors
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Detectors and Gear > Metal Detector Accessories

Notices

Old 10-07-2018, 10:19 AM
Elite Member

Default White's TRX

I love my White's TRX having said that after almost four years of use almost daily it finally quit working properly. I called White's about getting it repaired and was told to ship it to them with a note of the issues it was having and my contact info and they would send me a new TRX. WOW! White's has always been a Top Notch Company, but this is more than I expected. My new TRX arrived yesterday and I'm a happy camper. Thanks White's.

Old 10-07-2018, 10:23 AM
Elite Member

Thatís awesome! I love mine too!

(3)Gold jewelry ($62.41)Clad

Old 10-07-2018, 10:25 AM
Supporter

I love mine!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 10-07-2018, 10:26 AM
Supporter

I had a problem with my TRX too. Whites replaced mine as well recently.

Oldest coin: 1760 Colonial Half Penny; Oldest US coin: 1796 Large Cent; Oldest US silver coin: 1861 Liberty Seat Dime; 2017 Y/E Clad: $616.38: 2018 Y/E: TBA

Coin record amounts found on one of various days: Quarters-113; Dimes-86; Nickels-53

Old 10-07-2018, 11:51 AM
Elite Member

The TRX is great. I love the depth.

Old 10-07-2018, 01:20 PM
Supporter

Just had mine replaced too. Mine started leaking at the on off button, but was still working. I called like you did and they told me the same thing: send it in and they'll send me a new one. And they did!

Old 10-07-2018, 02:09 PM
Elite Member

Congrats, although I am not surprised. When I had Whiteís detectors, their customer service was always top notch.

Old 10-09-2018, 12:18 AM
Elite Member

Default Trx

Originally Posted by NCtoad View post
Just had mine replaced too. Mine started leaking at the on off button, but was still working. I called like you did and they told me the same thing: send it in and they'll send me a new one. And they did!
Did they send you a new and improved design or the same thing???

These companies keep claiming these things are submergible and nope they don't last ten minutes in a water hunt.
My TRX was less than one week old . I wasn't thrilled in the least bit with its performance on dry dirt hunts. Just too widespread of a field for a pinpointer. I took it for a shallow water hunt all excited about having this fancy waterproof pinpointer and the thing went for its 3rd dip and came out chirping continuous.....
Took the batts out and sure enough they were wet. I shook some of the water out and put in fresh ones and it still cries out continuous.....
Have you guys had the TRX submerged ???

CTX3030. Silver coins: 2018: 70....... 2017: (94) , 2016:116(B-Listers: half reale and seated quarter, two-center)5 Barber Quarters!,6 Seated coins, , 2015:97,2014:70,2013 :30

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-09-2018, 08:20 AM
Supporter

Originally Posted by bobac View post
Did they send you a new and improved design or the same thing???

These companies keep claiming these things are submergible and nope they don't last ten minutes in a water hunt.
My TRX was less than one week old . I wasn't thrilled in the least bit with its performance on dry dirt hunts. Just too widespread of a field for a pinpointer. I took it for a shallow water hunt all excited about having this fancy waterproof pinpointer and the thing went for its 3rd dip and came out chirping continuous.....
Took the batts out and sure enough they were wet. I shook some of the water out and put in fresh ones and it still cries out continuous.....
Have you guys had the TRX submerged ???
I may have submerged mine once in a creek, but I don't remember for sure. The rubber on off cover on mine failed after being turned on and off many, many times. Shouldn't fail that soon though. That and the rubber speaker cover are the weak spots IMO. Funny you mention it's got too wide of a detecting field. I bought it because I like that it only detects from the tip instead of the entire shaft. I feel it's got a small detecting field. You can ratchet down the sense by pressing the on off button to narrow the field.

Old 10-09-2018, 10:26 AM
Supporter

My TRX was my go to over the Garrett for a good 2 years. I still love the pointer but was noticing it was falsing with a little too much regularity as of late. Took a flyer on the ML Pro 35 and now I am in love with that pointer....it has yet to false, allows me to easily increase/decrease the sensitivity on the fly and discriminates on iron (which really helps when digging a scratchy signal that ends up being junk). Love my 35.

Old 11-11-2018, 09:36 PM
Elite Member

Well, I think my TRX died today..... itís been acting up for the last week falsing and working intermittently. All of a sudden today I turn it on and instead of the normal fast ďbeep, beepĒ I get a different tone and then a constant slow beeping. Like the overload signal. I donít think this pinpointer is even a year old. I hope Whites will take care of it. They are awesome when the are working correctly!

Old 11-12-2018, 12:34 AM
Supporter

Originally Posted by WyoTom View post
Well, I think my TRX died today..... itís been acting up for the last week falsing and working intermittently. All of a sudden today I turn it on and instead of the normal fast ďbeep, beepĒ I get a different tone and then a constant slow beeping. Like the overload signal. I donít think this pinpointer is even a year old. I hope Whites will take care of it. They are awesome when the are working correctly!

You bragged on it and jinxed yourself

Sounds from reading the thread, you won't have any issues. Time comes, this will likely be my next PP.

Squad Leader: Team Cupcake

Old 11-12-2018, 12:57 AM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by Gauntlet View post
You bragged on it and jinxed yourself

Sounds from reading the thread, you won't have any issues. Time comes, this will likely be my next PP.
Thatís the way it normally goes I guess! Ha! They are an awesome pointer....

Old 11-18-2018, 12:03 PM
Elite Member

Default Update!

I contacted Whites, they told me my particular Trx was born in 2014. The very nice lady told me to send it in and they will take a look at it under warranty and I should have it back within a week of them receiving it. Thatís awesome!

Old 11-18-2018, 09:48 PM
Elite Member

Default Trx

I use my TRX and love it but it does have a few idiosyncracies. I use it at full power and after finding the target it does usually keep on beeping but by then I don't care, it did what it was supposed to. Also as I turn it on I hold it up away from anything otherwise it doesn't get the best depth. It works for me.