I need a RULING !!

I do not count coins-made-into jewelry, as "coins". I count them as "jewelry". Since they needn't necessarily have been lost during the time of the date of the coin. Hence a different strategy, a different provenance, etc....

This debate has come up before when someone finds a gold coin mounted in a bezzle (like at the beach, or modern sandbox, etc...). And they announce that they "found a gold coin".

But I would count that as jewelry, not a coin. For purposes of strategy involved (old coin hunting vs "getting lucky in a modern area", or whatever)

Good Point Tom !!

Thats very cool! I'd count it twice! On another note, ...You hang around with this Chrisco fella do ya? I might have known! :laughing:

:laughing: Ya that ChrisCo is a Character

COUNTS!!! :cool:

Thanks !

Congrats on the silver plus!

Thank Jak
How mad would u be if it was a key date merc? :shock:

I would be pissed .. because say it was a 1916.. The Mint mark is GONE so I would never know.. oh wait hell yes I would know.. It was for SURE an D.. ya Pissed off !!! :laughing:

I'd have to count it as both. That's a really cool piece of work, turned into a really cool piece of work! You are right about the increased value. I bought one like that at a thrift sale a couple years back, for fifty cents. Turned around and sold it for eight bucks.

A silver coin is a silver coin in my book. That is a rare one. I've never seen one cut out like that before. Very cool find.

I attended an arts and craft show and one vendor/jeweler had those for sale. He probably was a retired dentist with great drilling skills.

Christmas in the South expo in Macon, Ga had a traveling artist doing those and even BIG SILVERS cut into pendants. gosh broke my heart on those. the dime earrings I could see but the big silvers was hard to look at. still, the price he was getting plus he had a lot of melt too and he was casting that in to things. all way more money than melt or coin value for the "Artistry".

great find!

Back
Top Bottom