Yes, it's getting to be "that time of the year"

OK, now put it on the drag strip doing a burnout :laughing:

.....well, you should at least come in second place ! :laughing::laughing::laughing:
Gauntletdragstrip.jpg

In honor of the cold temps, I'm currently cooking my 1st pot of ham and beans of the season. Much cornbread will ensue :yes:

Need to go pull water filter off supply hose, since its supposed to be upper 20's this evening :(

In honor of the cold temps, I'm currently cooking my 1st pot of ham and beans of the season. Much cornbread will ensue :yes:

Need to go pull water filter off supply hose, since its supposed to be upper 20's this evening :(

:thumbsup: :eat3: :lol: Good cold weather meal Gauntlet !

Funny you mentioned that since that is what we had yesterday with enough leftover to enjoy today also !

We had ham mixed with seasoned pinto beans and some northern beans, cornbread, and also some broccoli and brussel sprouts on the side as we like to keep veggies in our meals as much as possible also !

your post reminded me of this old show :laughing::laughing::laughing:
heehaw_whats_for_supper.jpg

:thumbsup: :eat3: :lol: Good cold weather meal Gauntlet !

Funny you mentioned that since that is what we had yesterday with enough leftover to enjoy today also !

We had ham mixed with seasoned pinto beans and some northern beans, cornbread, and also some broccoli and brussel sprouts on the side as we like to keep veggies in our meals as much as possible also !

your post reminded me of this old show :laughing::laughing::laughing:
View attachment 429039

Just had 3 bowls worth along with some cornbread muffins. I used 15 bean this time. I generally do pinto or northern.

I'm not old enough to remember that show :whistle:

DAAAAMNnnn ~ Last I visited Wally World was shortly after Sam Walton quit doing the commercials because he died.
Don't worry much about expiration dates. In Nam I was eating C-rats older than I was. Darn good too.
Y'all need to get a compass and follow it south! "SNOW" is a nasty 4 letter word. If I want to see the nasty white stuff, that is what the Weather Channel is for.

DAAAAMNnnn ~ Last I visited Wally World was shortly after Sam Walton quit doing the commercials because he died.
Don't worry much about expiration dates. In Nam I was eating C-rats older than I was. Darn good too.
Y'all need to get a compass and follow it south! "SNOW" is a nasty 4 letter word. If I want to see the nasty white stuff, that is what the Weather Channel is for.

If it's on "my" shelf, I don't worry as much as I do if it's on theirs. :lol: MREs are made to withstand time, 99 cent pot pies, not so much.

I'm an hour south of Memphis, snow in the forecast today.

I’m not old enough either, to remember grandpa, Minnie pearl, junior samples, Buck Owens (gol-danged genius) Roy Clark and the rest. Who?

I’m not old enough either, to remember grandpa, Minnie pearl, junior samples, Buck Owens (gol-danged genius) Roy Clark and the rest. Who?

I, unlike the others in this list, will admit that I'm old enough to remember these people, and Stringbean (who was murdered by some idiots who thought he kept a fortune in cash at his house). I also remember Lulu Roman, Archie Campbell, but spend most of my time remembering Misty Rowe. :)

-- Tom

Just had 3 bowls worth along with some cornbread muffins. I used 15 bean this time. I generally do pinto or northern.

I'm not old enough to remember that show :whistle:

I, unlike the others in this list, will admit that I'm old enough to remember these people, and Stringbean (who was murdered by some idiots who thought he kept a fortune in cash at his house). I also remember Lulu Roman, Archie Campbell, but spend most of my time remembering Misty Rowe. :)

-- Tom

Reminded me of these funny edits at the link below :laughing::laughing::laughing: (there's some on the page before that one too)

https://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=258582&highlight=supper&page=17

(the page above also has a couple youtube clips of Hee Haw :lol:)

-- Tom
Misty! Lulu! And Marianne that married Kenny Rogers. OOOla la!

-- Tom

Well, to put it mildly.....we're liars :D

Reminded me of these funny edits at the link below :laughing::laughing::laughing: (there's some on the page before that one too)

https://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=258582&highlight=supper&page=17

(the page above also has a couple youtube clips of Hee Haw :lol:)

No Lester Flatt and Earl Scruggs?

Must have been the time he needed to "see what condition his condition was in".

:cool:

Full service gas stations were at times real rip off stations especially on Major highways. Check the oil. Short stick and show the customer that their oil is a quart low. Walk back into the station, Put the pour spout in an empty can. Simulate putting oil in the car. Pocket the price of a quart of oil. It happened frequently.

Changing my vote to Cathy Baker :yes:

iu

Full service gas stations were at times real rip off stations especially on Major highways. Check the oil. Short stick and show the customer that their oil is a quart low. Walk back into the station, Put the pour spout in an empty can. Simulate putting oil in the car. Pocket the price of a quart of oil. It happened frequently.

I remember hearing the same rip-offs, ditto on shorting them on gas. Wasn't like they got out and looked at the pump :lol:

I don't mind the self check out lanes , unless I have a cart full. Its usually not any more work than emptying the cart on a belt and then putting it in bags at the end. Id rather check out myself than ***wait in line*** for somebody else to do it. In some cases I can be done and gone before I would have made it to the cashier if I had stood in line....its a no brainer. And I burned like what , 2 calories ? :lol:

I don't mind the self check out lanes , unless I have a cart full. Its usually not any more work than emptying the cart on a belt and then putting it in bags at the end. Id rather check out myself than ***wait in line*** for somebody else to do it. In some cases I can be done and gone before I would have made it to the cashier if I had stood in line....its a no brainer. And I burned like what , 2 calories ? :lol:
Yea, but...but...they took our YOBS!

Yea, but...but...they took our YOBS!

Nobodys " YOBS " :lol: were taken. There were two registers open before self checkout lanes and there are usually two registers open after self checkout lanes :laughing:

I think self checkout is a great idea as long as its convenient. Its those people who think self checkout means they can relax and take as long as they want to that really tick me off. They are for convenience , not for taking a nap or something to stand around while you discuss your grandchildren with somebody. If you are gonna do that then go wait in line at the register ! :lol:

Yeah, wasn't like they ever had a line of cashiers operating at one time. They just added all the self checkouts to pretty much tell people to shut up and go there if they didn't want to wait.

I'm currently in the middle of my strategic assault plan for the holidays. I need to take stock of current inventory, and plan ONE more trip to carry me through after Christmas.

Back
Top Bottom