Happy To Get Out. Only 4 Silver's This Week

jack&jill

Elite Member
Short report for week eight do to some very bad weather that prevented me from getting out for 7 days. Hunted yesterday for a couple hours in the snow. Temps warming up enough to make digging a sloppy mess. Added two Silvers for my efforts a War Nickle and a Rosie. Changed up today and went to my first property hunt. Took the standard coil for only its second outing of the year. Worked the coil fairly hard as I hunted a solid five hours. Dug a Merc and a "29" Stander for my Silvers. Had a big day on Wheat's digging 13 and added my first Indian of the year. A pretty green 1905 Warrior. Also dug a Crotel Bell and a very green utensil handle. The 4 Silver Coins now has me at 96 FTY. Of the 96 Silver Coins 93 were dug under the 17 inch coil with the CTX. Weather is suppose to be great this week. HH all. Trapper

Attachments

• 4-20-18 .jpg
    4-20-18 .jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 274
  • 4-21-18 .jpg
    4-21-18 .jpg
    110 KB · Views: 272
  • 4-21-18 1.jpg
    4-21-18 1.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 294
Nice finds Trapper, Congratulations. I had to laugh "only 4 silvers for the week". Heck Trapper, for most of us thats a month or two of hunting. :laughing:

Awesome finds! Nice job! Still looking for my first SLQ...
Thank you Tom. Hope the Stander is not a long wait for you.
Congrats on all the nice finds!
Appreciate your reply JAK, thank you.
“Only” four and an Indian and some other cool finds!!! Nice work!
Guess it wasn't a slow week, I'm thankful I got out. Still it was 7 days of agony, indoors and a wanting to go. Thanks Sweeper for reminding me that I did have to good hunts.
Nice finds Trap!
That must be your 5th or 6th Stander of the year, crazy:shock:
Nope Matt, only the second but I do have four Halves so far this year. I do hope there may be a few more out there in my future. Trapper

Very nice batch of goodies considering the limited available hunting time .
Love the Indian .. she looks great . And a stander !!!!
Solid report Trap 👍
, Dew

Nice finds Trapper, Congratulations. I had to laugh "only 4 silvers for the week". Heck Trapper, for most of us thats a month or two of hunting. :laughing:
Jerry only had time for two hunts and I don't play well with snow. I was looking for some pity and now your making me feel bad because I'm selfish and greedy. I'll try harder to be better in the future.

That's !!!!..... I'm gonna hit it twice as hard this week to see if I can get my fix.

Very nice batch of goodies considering the limited available hunting time .
Love the Indian .. she looks great . And a stander !!!!
Solid report Trap 👍
, Dew
Thanks Dew. The Indian is got such neat color but for the Stander I won't be happy until I dig one as nice as yours.
Slacker....;)
I apologize for my slothfulness and lack of ambition Kevin. Perhaps if I had some guidance and some friendly leadership to put me back on the right path I could do a little better.
Jerry are you laughing at me or the Monster. I think I should go to my room and pout.:D
Hey was your Indian your first for the year also ?
Congrats.
My first of the year Dew's thank you, How did you like the Crotel Bell?
Speaking of slackers you gonna post something once? 😎
Ya what he said. Trapper

Jerry only had time for two hunts and I don't play well with snow. I was looking for some pity and now your making me feel bad because I'm selfish and greedy. I'll try harder to be better in the future.

That's !!!!..... I'm gonna hit it twice as hard this week to see if I can get my fix.

Thanks Dew. The Indian is got such neat color but for the Stander I won't be happy until I dig one as nice as yours.

I apologize for my slothfulness and lack of ambition Kevin. Perhaps if I had some guidance and some friendly leadership to put me back on the right path I could do a little better.

Jerry are you laughing at me or the Monster. I think I should go to my room and pout.:D

Ya what he said. Trapper

:lol::lol::lol: At 96 FTY it’s about time to use that “chop block” to slow you DOWN! I’ll be in Delavan,Darien and Elkhorn today but kind of sporadically as I’m really going to see my Pop. If you think you might be around that area for some reason,call me.:grin: Beware!....I’ll be filming, as it’s my burfday today and we all know what happened LAST year on my burfday...:wincup:

Hey was your Indian your first for the year also ?
Congrats.
Speaking of slackers you gonna post something once? 😎

Yup. First and probably only. This is why the Monster doesn’t dig absolute garbage like it because they are ALWAYS roached and worthless anyway.
I’ll post something when I have something worth posting,with this gorgeous weather we’ve had for the last 4 months it’s a wonder I haven’t done it sooner!:roll::lol:
This CURRENT weather had better stay like this FOREVER! Hopefully everyone else around the country is experiencing a break from this totally horrid spring most of us have had.
Onward and outward....

Love that SLQ, with a date, one day, I will find one of those with a date!
Congrats Trapper.
Thank you Busca for the reply. Been blessed with digging a few Standers over the years. Both the ones I dug this year are with dates, not so in the past. Hope your next will be readable.
Congrats on another great hunt !!! I really enjoy reading your posts.
Thank you for your kind words. Getting through the 7 days of weather was tough Dylan. But digging some Shine kinda makes it all worth while.
Nice to see you dig double figure wheats and the Slq very nice and tough to find. Congrats on the finds for this week.
Jason I'm wondering if digging double digit Wheat's is a catchy thing. Did once last week with a dozen the day I dug the Kennedy, now twice within 4 hunts. It really put a dent in my Silver/Wheat ratio.:lol:
:lol::lol::lol: At 96 FTY it’s about time to use that “chop block” to slow you DOWN! I’ll be in Delavan,Darien and Elkhorn today but kind of sporadically as I’m really going to see my Pop. If you think you might be around that area for some reason,call me.:grin: Beware!....I’ll be filming, as it’s my burfday today and we all know what happened LAST year on my burfday...:wincup:
First I hope your visit and Birthday go well Kevin and I do remember last years event. I even remembered it is your birthday, but that's because I have two older sisters that also share theirs on the same day. Not twins but born one year apart. I wish I could get that way today but have a couple other commitments for today so what hunting I will get in will have to be very close to home. But I would like getting out with you soon, so lets make some plans. Trapper

what a beauty of a Stander! Well, looks like Spring finally showed up for us Northerners! Overnight! Snow still on the ground, but hey, shirt sleeve weather!

Back
Top Bottom