Back in a Nox 800

Cherry Picker

Forum Supporter
Yes that is my new Equinox 800 parked by my AT Pro. A friend bought it and had some issues so he sold it to me.

Now to just get rid of this snow.

NOX-800-1.jpg

Been absolutely loving my 800, I haven't even hardly picked up my CTX in a few months and that's saying something. That Nox with the 15" coil on it is just killer. Now I just hope they combine the features of these 2 power houses and come out with a Nox 1000 or CTX 4040. Would love to see a CTX with the recovery speed of the Nox with the Bluetooth headphones and still be able to have the gps funtion, read 2 targets under the coil at once, xchange 2 program, clock, etc. I still don't get the issue with the bins. Same thing with the Nox as with the CTX where they only give you 4 adjustable bins. I would like to be able to customize the bins exactly how I want and have 1-11 as one bin, 12-13 bin, 14-17 bin, 18-20 bin, 20-23 bin, and 24+ bin but they don't allow that many. I know you can kind of achieve the same thing by just running a few bins together as one and notching out the numbers you don't want but I like to hear it all just so I know what's all going on around me without completely notching it out. Simply adding one or two more bins to set would accomplish that. They should give us the option of 2, 5, 7, and 50 tones.

Been absolutely loving my 800, I haven't even hardly picked up my CTX in a few months and that's saying something. That Nox with the 15" coil on it is just killer. Now I just hope they combine the features of these 2 power houses and come out with a Nox 1000 or CTX 4040. Would love to see a CTX with the recovery speed of the Nox with the Bluetooth headphones and still be able to have the gps funtion, read 2 targets under the coil at once, xchange 2 program, clock, etc. I still don't get the issue with the bins. Same thing with the Nox as with the CTX where they only give you 4 adjustable bins. I would like to be able to customize the bins exactly how I want and have 1-11 as one bin, 12-13 bin, 14-17 bin, 18-20 bin, 20-23 bin, and 24+ bin but they don't allow that many. I know you can kind of achieve the same thing by just running a few bins together as one and notching out the numbers you don't want but I like to hear it all just so I know what's all going on around me without completely notching it out. Simply adding one or two more bins to set would accomplish that.

I agree. I still use my CTX regularly just because its such a great coin shooter. It may be slow and a bit heavy but there's just something special about FBS. Best tones & ID of any detector I've used, and Target Trace is very useful IMHO. Would be awesome if Minelab could somehow make an FBS machine with the traditional FE-CO discrimination, tones and ID.. but give it the ability to switch to turbo mode (running 1 - 3 frequencies) with the lightning fast recovery speed of the Nox. Design that, make it weight 3 lbs or less and I'm all over it.

I agree. I still use my CTX regularly just because its such a great coin shooter. It may be slow and a bit heavy but there's just something special about FBS. Best tones & ID of any detector I've used, and Target Trace is very useful IMHO. Would be awesome if Minelab could somehow make an FBS machine with the traditional FE-CO discrimination, tones and ID.. but give it the ability to switch to turbo mode (running 1 - 3 frequencies) with the lightning fast recovery speed of the Nox. Design that, make it weight 3 lbs or less and I'm all over it.

I agree. If it was a choice of stock coil Nox and CTX I'd probably err on the side of my CTX but there is something magical going on with that 15" coil. I don't know what it is but it's pulling silver like crazy at old hammered out spots, most very deep but some not so deep that all other machines just didnt pick up. I've used the 17" coil on the CTX before and it was deeper and found a few goodies but nothing like what the 15" Nox is doing. I thought maybe it was luck / right time right place with the coil but since my last 2 videos I posted using the 15", it convinced a few other local guys to buy one and now they're pulling barbers and older silvers at places that have been just slammed with every kind of detector for 30 years. Spots like right in front of the entrance gates of the fairground (SilverWatcher pulled 2 barbers right at the gate). I think it has something to do with them standing on edge possibly. I'm not sure, all I know is it's amazing.

I'm sure it's nice to get back into a minelab for you, Terry. I definitely understand the snow !!!!, we are dealing with the same stuff here.

This is your second Nox isn't it?

I really hated to get rid of my 800 but last year was the worst and I had to have quick funds. But i knew I'd get me a 800 sooner or later. Just kind of lucked on to this one.

Last year I lost both my Mom & Dad and neither had Life insurance. $25,000. I had double hernia surgery in February, $1,000 deductible, Wrecked my Shelby GT500, $1,000 deductible, Broke my hip and had hip surgery in August, and lost the family fur baby. So glad 2018 is gone and hoping for a much better 2019. So far so good. I've got my NOX 800 anyway.

Last year I lost both my Mom & Dad and neither had Life insurance. $25,000. I had double hernia surgery in February, $1,000 deductible, Wrecked my Shelby GT500, $1,000 deductible, Broke my hip and had hip surgery in August, and lost the family fur baby. So glad 2018 is gone and hoping for a much better 2019. So far so good. I've got my NOX 800 anyway.

Thats a tough run in a single year. Sounds a lot like my 2016. Sorry for your loss.

Congrats on your Nox and good luck in 2019.

Back
Top Bottom