Metal pen with lens inside

dadmetal2000

What can this be? I haven’t got a clue.
Measure is 5 cm in picture, roughly 2 inches.

The metal body is intact and has a lens in one end (going through I think) and it seems possibly broken in the tip..

5076c726524e00a3173edf42c35e6181.jpg

aa0cf70eee6778041a4d9a4068fef8a4.jpg

8fc38fff2ad2d65691dfb2dcc31f1203.jpg

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

I feel like it is missing it's whole other half. (if you imagine it as a pen light or pointer)

A flashlight or laser pointer would usually be made of lightweight aluminum. This looks like a thick piece of brass or something similar.

I posted a photo of a nozzle yesterday, this looks like it is more akin to that.

A flashlight or laser pointer would usually be made of lightweight aluminum. This looks like a thick piece of brass or something similar.

I posted a photo of a nozzle yesterday, this looks like it is more akin to that.

Thanks!

Agree that it’s not like a laser pointer, but I thought maybe it was old (how old can a laser thing be?). What are you thinking about the glass (lens) inside? What kind of nozzle could it be?

There used to be small screwdrivers that you could change the blade on - the brass handle screwed off - but don't know what the lens could be.

Looks like they were meant to nest inside each other, maybe the lens is a cap removed to get smaller screwdrivers out?

Attachments

• screwdriver nope.jpg
    screwdriver nope.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 329
Looks like they were meant to nest inside each other, maybe the lens is a cap removed to get smaller screwdrivers out?

Thanks! The handle is very alike and is clearly to get a good grip so I think it is a good guess, only thing it is really small in diameter so I don’t think it could be anything inside.

Guess what I actually think you are right. The point is broken off and what i thought was glass might be plastic. Thanks a lot!!
That's a fun find! If that is a dart barrel, then perhaps you're the first detectorist to post one here on FMDF; I certainly don't recall seeing one posted before. It looked so familiar to me, but I couldn't place it at first, though the light-pen sounded plausible. Congrats on the interesting recovery! And way to go, Jeff (and others), on the nice identification.

That's a fun find! If that is a dart barrel, then perhaps you're the first detectorist to post one here on FMDF; I certainly don't recall seeing one posted before. It looked so familiar to me, but I couldn't place it at first, though the light-pen sounded plausible. Congrats on the interesting recovery! And way to go, Jeff (and others), on the nice identification.

Thanks [emoji4]
It was so obvious when it was finally cracked! I was so stuck in my mind that it was a lens or glass at one end.

Back
Top Bottom