Advice on big detector upgrade

Everyone’s comments have been extremely helpful. I’ve been watching YouTube videos on the 800. Salt water hunting will be a necessity for me. I’ve heard of the leakage issues, but I wont be going in too deep.

I guess results may vary, I've been hunting along side an equinox 800 user since they came out. We always call each other over to check signals. I'm hearing everything he is hearing, no more, no less. I have never been one to mess with settings, unless my machine is unstable, I do a noise cancel and go. Very basic settings. I have very good luck using this method with all my machines, and if one day the finds stop coming, I can switch coils, swing speed, swing direction, recovery speed, sensitivity, programs, etc and find more that I've missed. I've always run 50 tones as well, I have no trouble hearing coins in moderate trash. Usually they ID lower, but the equinox will let you know something is there. The folks on this site know what they are talking about, but it comes down to personal preference in this case. I have no regrets getting the 600 over the 800. I would never consider buying an 800, unless they actually address some of the major flaws many minelab users are experiencing. The next 6 months should be interesting with all the new detectors coming out. I hear XP is possibly coming out with a multifrequency machine as well. So we have: Nokta/Makro multi on the horizon, XP multi on the horizon, and possibly a new FBS/multi IQ machine from minelab. I wouldnt be surprised if Garrett has something else up their sleeves as well. Good luck with whatever you decide KatieKat!

I Own both The equinox 800 & 600 For Coin & Jewelry at The Parks & Salt Water Beaches I Don’t see any Difference in Performance between the two (for that type of Hunting)

Equinox is so Versatile @ the price point ….. it’s going to be hard to beat.

Excellent post here. The Minelab Equinox 600 and 800 are outstanding machines and excellent on the beach!

https://bigboyshobbies.net/minelab-equinox-600-series-metal-detector
https://bigboyshobbies.net/minelab-equinox-800-series-metal-detector

Back
Top Bottom