copper leaf shaped item

rac7658

i found this today. any ideas on what it might be? here are pictures of front and back. made of copper i believe.

IMG_20171028_132733.jpg

IMG_20171028_132748.jpg

Reminds me of a cornice? piece, that would have been bent and nailed onto the edge of an old box, trunk, etc. The holes would be nail holes.
I just like to guess.

Reminds me of a cornice? piece, that would have been bent and nailed onto the edge of an old box, trunk, etc. The holes would be nail holes.
I just like to guess.

Cornice is not the right word. Corner or edge hardware piece, or backplate for a latch, is what I am thinking.
Still just guessing, of course.

that's a lot of nails for such a small piece:)

Yes, I think so too, but I used to have an old wooden box with primitive hardware like that all over it. Every piece was loaded with a lot of little tacks, like this piece, too. I think mine had tin hardware. Sold that box for over $100, years ago. Pics have long been deleted.

The base of the "tree" shape has the look of it being half round so it would wrap around a pipe shape and be attached with two pin/nails through the two holes.
I don't think that the "wrinkles" in the main body of the piece are the way it should be. I think it was smooth other than the holes and little dimples.
So... with all that said my best guess is it was a reflector for a finger candle.
Oh well just my two cents

The base of the "tree" shape has the look of it being half round so it would wrap around a pipe shape and be attached with two pin/nails through the two holes.
I don't think that the "wrinkles" in the main body of the piece are the way it should be. I think it was smooth other than the holes and little dimples.
So... with all that said my best guess is it was a reflector for a finger candle.
Oh well just my two cents

i'm thinking something similar, but possibly a reflector thingy for a night light or vintage xmas tree lights. the holes in the bottom are for attaching it while the other numerous holes are for simply letting the light shine through and make a really freaky pattern on the wall of the xmas tree. ;)

Back
Top Bottom