• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Equinox 800 vs CTX 3030

I definitely need to do that. I was under the impression that the cam locks were the issue and not the shaft itself. Is that not the case?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

The cam locks are the issue, but if yours was anything like mine was the whole thing just felt cheap and unbalanced. The handle would creak so loud when swinging I’d hear it through the headphones.

Plugger took my measurements and drilled the arm cuff and handle adjustments way better than the stock shaft. Feels way better balanced and just super solid. It was definitely $100 well spent, especially if one is already thinking about just the cam locks at almost $30.

What size did you buy? I am 6' 3 and want to make sure the new shaft isnt too short.

I'm 6'4" and went with the 39" one piece. I can extend it for a super wide arc, and shorten's enough to fit easily into a bag as the lower rod doesn't have that second cam shaft to bump into when shortening it.

If you message Pluggers beforehand, he'll have you take a measurement swinging a broom handle/other type of handle in order to drill the arm cuffs and control box attach points, and customize how many adjustment points you want and how far apart.

I was worried at first that 39" might have been too big, but it's perfect. I can really open it up for swinging fields without a lot of targets and cover a huge amount of ground, or shorten way up when I'm in the water.

I'm 6'4" and went with the 39" one piece. I can extend it for a super wide arc, and shorten's enough to fit easily into a bag as the lower rod doesn't have that second cam shaft to bump into when shortening it.

If you message Pluggers beforehand, he'll have you take a measurement swinging a broom handle/other type of handle in order to drill the arm cuffs and control box attach points, and customize how many adjustment points you want and how far apart.

I was worried at first that 39" might have been too big, but it's perfect. I can really open it up for swinging fields without a lot of targets and cover a huge amount of ground, or shorten way up when I'm in the water.
I’m 6’1” and have the 34” one pc. Works fine for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks fellas I have messaged him about getting a custom setup. I am excited to see what a difference it makes!

I would trade our trashy US parks any day of the week for your fields. Oh my gosh, the thought of finding a hammered or gold coins and other gold relics which seem to pop out of your fields on a regular basis. UK seems be MD heaven.

Back
Top Bottom