Coronavirrus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually met a person that had the covid-19 on June 27. That’s the first time I had interaction with someone that had it . With the daily cases exploding, we , as a nation , need to heed the recommendations and wear a mask and social distance practice. That’s the only way to keep it under control. My opinion.

I know 3 people who had, friend of the family and both his parents. Was worried about his father since he was definitely older and just finished chemo therapy so doesn't get much higher risk than that. They all pulled through it fine, no worse than the flu for them. My friend even continued to work from home with it.

It seems that there are those who can get Covid-19 and recover without really knowing they had it. They are the lucky ones.

It seems that there are those who can get Covid-19 and recover without really knowing they had it. They are the lucky ones.

Good to hear from you Alan!

We heard from Doug a bit during your "Sheltering" period and I was wondering you guys are doing now?

Still riding the first wave it seems. It’s going to get bad again, but hopefully everyone here is staying safe.

I’m not going to preach about masks and all that. There won’t be a opinion change of anyone’s beliefs... I just hope everyone is smart and really thinks about their actions.

Still just a steady rise here, no crazy peak. I guess the staying at home and wearing masks when going out has slowed it but it is here to stay unfortunately.
They are not doing any widespread testing and if you want to get tested it's expensive, so people are not getting tested.
Business are slowly being allowed to reopen at low capacity and by appointment only, but honestly the damage has already been done. Driving around the city I see lots of places closed that could be open and many not just closed but cleared out and a "for rent" sign in the window, they are gone for good.
I've been fortunate through this because I mainly make my living buying and reselling goods online and with everyone stuck home sales have been very solid for things like toys, games, exercise stuff, cycling gear etc.

Good to hear from you Alan!

We heard from Doug a bit during your "Sheltering" period and I was wondering you guys are doing now?

Hi Ron. I haven't heard from Doug in a long time, I'm glad he is OK.
We are doing fine thanks. We are very close to most of the shops that we
need for food etc. We had a few queues, but nothing too bad. A couple of
clubs I belong to are still on hold, and waiting to see when they can start up again.
Things are beginning to slowly open up again, but (most) people are still
being careful. A couple of towns have gone back into lockdown for a
couple of weeks, but fingers crossed we have seen the worst of it.
The biggest problems seems to be that a lot of the younger generation
think it won't affect them, so they still go out in large groups. Not taking
into account that they can still spread it.
A bonus is, I am booked in on the 4th July to get my hair cut, my
independence day :)

Still around.

Correspondence from the 'Department of Health & Social Care' this week.

England only.

From 6th July I can meet of up to a group of 6 people including people from different households but maintaining strict social distancing but only outside.

From 1st August the advice to 'shield' will be paused. From this date I can see more people and still maintain social distancing.

Position will be reviewed for the 'Shielded Patient List' on the 1st August.

The social distancing should be reduced from 2 meter's down to 1+ meter from this weekend.

Yes, I believe I am one of them, and would volunteer for the antibody tests and help someone who is having a hard time. Thing is, the test center wants $160 of my pocket. Ain't it enough just to volunteer? Where am I wrong?

I actually made a post earlier with more details. It disappeared or else I missed "the send." I am pretty good about post reading all of my posts though.

Yes, I believe I am one of them, and would volunteer for the antibody tests and help someone who is having a hard time. Thing is, the test center wants $160 of my pocket. Ain't it enough just to volunteer? Where am I wrong?

I actually made a post earlier with more details. It disappeared or else I missed "the send." I am pretty good about post reading all of my posts though.

There should be nothing "out of pocket" where COVID-19 is concerned! :mad:

I am trying to get both tests but getting the run around on how I should get it and where and cost.

I have been practicing self quarantine for the last 5 years with little contact with others but I still had contact with people before the mask idea so I would love to just go anywhere and get tested.

Sent from my Armor_3 using Tapatalk

I am trying to get both tests but getting the run around on how I should get it and where and cost.

I have been practicing self quarantine for the last 5 years with little contact with others but I still had contact with people before the mask idea so I would love to just go anywhere and get tested.

Sent from my Armor_3 using Tapatalk

5 years?!?

Our town is issuing an:

Emergency Ordinance - Required Face Masks (starting July 3rd)

http://www.townofwinnsboro.com/town-of-winnsboro-news/emergency-ordinance

Looks like it is needed too, while my wife and I have already been wearing masks to go shopping, I was somewhat amazed at how many people haven't been wearing masks or social distancing, hopefully the risk of being fined will motivate them, you'd think the risk of getting sick would have been enough motivation.

Our town is issuing an:

Emergency Ordinance - Required Face Masks (starting July 3rd)

http://www.townofwinnsboro.com/town-of-winnsboro-news/emergency-ordinance

Looks like it is needed too, while my wife and I have already been wearing masks to go shopping, I was somewhat amazed at how many people haven't been wearing masks or social distancing, hopefully the risk of being fined will motivate them, you'd think the risk of getting sick would have been enough motivation.
Just make sure you also cover your eyes!

People out and about really do need to wear a mask. I too see a lot of the younger folks not wearing them. I also see parents out riding bikes with their kids not wearing masks.
It’s old news now but if they don’t like wearing masks they’re certainly not going to like wearing a respirator.

As far as wearing masks is concerned in the UK. I reckon when I go out and
about, only around 10-20% of people wear a mask. On public transport it is
mandatory, and if you have to go to the doctors. A little awkward if going to
the dentist though.
We bought some masks early on, but have yet to wear them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom